• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll see your Kyle McKearney country-style cover, and raise you an Elvis cover by Travis Tritt from the old-ish movie Honeymoon in Vegas.

The whole soundtrack is Elvis covers by various artists. I cannot recommend it enough (esp Jeff Beck's Hound Dog treatment - RIP).

EDIT: I believe Jed Leiber, whose father wrote Hound Dog, is playing with Jeff Beck on this.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Not sure if this has been posted but I thought it was nice.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thunderstorms outside. Listening to vinyl. Found this thread.

Pretty much anything by Joe Cocker is better than the original, seemingly mostly Beatles covers, he just injected so much soul and life into it.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Because today is Glenn Campbell's birthday I thought I would share this cover he did.
Luv Glen Cambell but luv him even more when there’s a guitar strapped around his neck…

Thunderstorms outside. Listening to vinyl. Found this thread.

Pretty much anything by Joe Cocker is better than the original, seemingly mostly Beatles covers, he just injected so much soul and life into it.

Jimmy Page played guitar on the studio version…

Of course the Woodstock performance is the epic!

James

Out There
Instructor
Jimmy Page played guitar on the studio version…

Of course the Woodstock performance is the epic!
For a guy known for going to 11 when he sings, he’s brilliant at using the pause and silence, plus going down to 1 or 2 for effect. Even live in front of hundreds of thousands. Amazing. That Woodstock performance needed a female vocalist though, not that dude trying.

Sponsor

Staff online