• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm digging Zac Brown Band since I saw them live a while back. They can cover anything from traditional country to heavy metal. They played Metallica's Enter Sandman and it was awesome. Anyway, they're not bad at The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I'm digging Zac Brown Band since I saw them live a while back. They can cover anything from traditional country to heavy metal. They played Metallica's Enter Sandman and it was awesome. Anyway, they're not bad at The Devil Went Down to Georgia.
I have been listening to Zac Brown band for a while, I think I posted their cover of "Into the Mystic" in this thread a few years ago. They are an interesting group that my daughter first shared with me. Enjoy.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Us Philly guys got to stick together Darrell Hall, the Bacon Brothers covering Hall & Oates "When the Morning Comes". The guy playing acoustic guitar with the cap on is the late T-Bone Woulk... music director of Hall & Oates...there may be better musicians, but damn few.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Us Philly guys got to stick together Darrell Hall, the Bacon Brothers covering Hall & Oates "When the Morning Comes". The guy playing acoustic guitar with the cap on is the late T-Bone Woulk... music director of Hall & Oates...there may be better musicians, but damn few.

I had Abandoned Luncheonette on 8 Track! Saw Hall & Oats perform live in '75 or '76 @ the Tower Theatre Upper Darby. First concert without weed, no-one had any, I still thoroughly enjoyed the show, 4th row center tickets didn't hurt!
Bacon Brothers played XPN Free at Noon a few years prior to the pandemic, I didn't attend that one, wasn't all that interested.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Howard revealed the singer recently tackled “Metamucil Man,” the track he recorded with his band Tuchus earlier this year. “He recognized the genius of it, and he said he wanted to do a cover,” Howard explained. “He kind of outdid me … he took my work of art and really revamped it into a beautiful, beautiful ballad.”

Sponsor

Staff online