• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Fortunate to see these lads on their first American tour opening for Savoy Brown, maybe a year before this video…

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
"Sympathy For The Devil ( Guns N´Roses ) Marcus Nimbler"

I'm confused... if the artist is Marcus Nimbler, does he think that the song is originally by Guns 'n' Roses?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^I think MN is just some guy with a nice video library to play around with. The cover is by G&R although it doesn't really sound like Axel Rose, the guy obviously messed up the audio -

Of course if you ask me, nothing beats the original -

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Of course if you ask me, nothing beats the original -

Agreed - it's my favorite Stones song (though I'm not all that much of a Stones fan). I'd never seen that video, and what with John Lennon apparently being in it (I'm a bigger Beatles fan), I did some Googling... pretty interesting...

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
"Sympathy For The Devil ( Guns N´Roses ) Marcus Nimbler"

I'm confused... if the artist is Marcus Nimbler, does he think that the song is originally by Guns 'n' Roses?
Opps, I stand corrected, that Marcus Nimbler guy is the performer. I should've read the liner notes below the video :doh:

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not the most pleasant subject. Just in awe how good this guy is playing with latex gloves. It's gotta be hard to strike the strings consistently, so well. No finger picks either, wow.

Sponsor