• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cowboys!

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
I think they are going to the super bowl this year. Ok, let the hating begin! :roflmao:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Nah they look like the real deal man. I heard a few former players on the radio talking them up saying, don't hate and don't discount. Turns out they may be right! :thumb:

Reactions: Tex

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
So how are the Cowboys going to the super bowl? They just got shut out by Fresno State. Oh, you mean Dallas? I thought Wyoming Cowboys.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Okie State Cowboys beat the Texas Longhorns. I guess that makes sense contextually.

I've been down this road many times before with Dallas, so at my age I'm more "one game at a time". I come by it honestly for sure. My Scout troop worked concessions at the Cotton Bowl for Cowboy games in the '60's and I graduated from high school in Texas Stadium in 1977. Only place in Irving large enough to host the ceremonies.

I will say I have been very impressed with their draft acumen in the recent past. I think this coincided with Jerrah taking a reduced role in the draft room.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
My Scout troop worked concessions at the Cotton Bowl for Cowboy games in the '60's and I graduated from high school in Texas Stadium in 1977.
My first job as a kid I sold peanuts at Texas Stadium Cowboy games. Some how my Dad got me the job early 70's, I was 13 years old...Today there would be labor law suits, child abuse....but for me it was a dream job. I got to attend all the cowboy home games, and I would bring home about $20 in tips. That was big money back then, for 3 hours of work. When they gave me my cash after every game, I told them I want all $1 bills. And when I got home, I would iron those bills, make them all nice, flat and smooth. At the end of the season, I had a nice stack of $1 bills, 150 of them. And bought an electric guitar. :daffy:

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Just a minor setback. We didn’t really expect them to go 16-1.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just a minor setback. We didn’t really expect them to go 16-1.
Plus you are in a very weak division ... and this is coming from an Eagles fan.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Orange crushed...

Kind of interesting how Denver always seems to have Dallas' number...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
They were good in the 90s when I lived there. Fun times.. then. I was at the Superbowl Parade riot too.. Hated them before that growing up a Vikes fan BITD. Now just fair weather fan.. POURING lately LOL!

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been down this road many times before with Dallas, so at my age I'm more "one game at a time". I come by it honestly for sure. My Scout troop worked concessions at the Cotton Bowl for Cowboy games in the '60's and I graduated from high school in Texas Stadium in 1977. Only place in Irving large enough to host the ceremonies.

My grandfather and his lifelong BFF were watching the DeLeon Bearcats in the state football playoffs (2A?) when BFF had a heart attack and died right there in Texas Stadium. It was probably the late 80s. They were DeLeon football players from the class of 29. It was sad, but very fitting.

Both my dad and grandfather were football coaches and referees in the West Texas panhandle. My mom tells a story of one night when Granddad made a controversial call, some time around 1950 probably, and due to threats, they had to leave under cover of darkness and spend the night a couple towns away! Serious stuff, that small-town TX football.

The whole family was pretty insane about the Cowboys from the beginning. I was indoctrinated. Lived in Ft Worth during the 70s, so it was really a huge part of my childhood. I still have my autographs from Roger Staubach, Harvey Martin, Too Tall Jones. ... Charlie Waters was my first (and only) celebrity crush. (Wait, until Svindal came along.) We moved back to Colorado the year of Super Bowl XII, and on Orange Crush day, I wore my Cowboys sweatshirt to school instead. Got popped in the face by some kid on the bus. Lol. But I had the last laugh.

After Landry was unceremoniously dismissed, I couldn't really cheer for them anymore. Plus, I was in Colorado. Years later, I will never forget the day that both Tom Landry and Charles Schulz died ... literally, the authors of my grade school years. What a blow.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Cowboys back in the saddle again!!!

A73FDFAC-A609-4A31-B10D-B3BB74B67CCC.jpeg

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
I got a few Cowboys jerseys from/for the fair weather days.. Sanders isn't quite a legit Cowboys jersey but same name and number and color. Think it's a Colts Sanders oh well, rest are cool though..

View attachment 148490
That is a serious collection of cowboy jerseys, not sure I believe it. I need pic of you and the jerseys! :golfclap:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got a few Cowboys jerseys from/for the fair weather days.. Sanders isn't quite a legit Cowboys jersey but same name and number and color. Think it's a Colts Sanders oh well, rest are cool though..

View attachment 148490
The only jersey I ever had back in the day was a Drew Pearson "88". But that was a great one to have!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The only jersey I ever had back in the day was a Drew Pearson "88". But that was a great one to have!
As a Vikes fan in the 70s I HATED him hahaha. I met him at TGIFridays in Plano right after I moved there and we had a couple beers together. Super chill dude. He laughed about that and totally understands the animosity old school Vikes fans have about that catch..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
That is a serious collection of cowboy jerseys, not sure I believe it. I need pic of you and the jerseys! :golfclap:
Wish granted.. Got a few Vikes, Panthers, and Giants jerseys too.. But Cowboys won three Superbowls while I lived there. It was pretty cool in the 90s there..
1636942439314.png

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wish granted.. Got a few Vikes, Panthers, and Giants jerseys too.. But Cowboys won three Superbowls while I lived there. It was pretty cool in the 90s there..
View attachment 148495
Wisconsin wife is a Packer fan as is my daughter and my son goes for the Eagles, so Sunday afternoon can be interesting especially at playoff time. I did grad school in Wisconsin so I'm most likely to root for the Packers if the Cowboys are out of it. Yes she has a cheese head...

When I grew up in Dallas during the 60's and 70's, the Cowboys were the only game in town. No Rangers, Mavericks, or Stars, so I have tended to follow the teams where I lived at the time like you, but it will always be the Cowboys #1 for me.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
The Chiefs will be the test this Sunday, they did beat the Cardinals! This is a must win for the Cowboys, to show they are Super Bowl legit. If they lose this game, there will be doubts all season because all the rest of the teams are not that great. They play the Raiders and Saints next, both above 500, but the Raiders lost their best WR and the Saints lost their starting QB.....no excuse to lose to either of them.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I will be on the road to Killington Sunday afternoon, so I'm hoping I can stream the game to my phone and have my wife drive the late shift. Praying for that NE storm to deliver the goods for Thanksgiving week!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've worn a Cowboys jersey every Thanksgiving for the past 30 years. Raiders are goin down!

Sponsor

Staff online