• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Crafted to Ski More: Fischer Announces Newly Designed Ranger Series

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I started to realize what it reminded me of which is it's great-grandfather the Motive 95.

Oh, heart be still!

I'll put it this way, I still ski my Motive 95

Same, and it sounds like we're in a pretty big club.

I just like a ski that pulls into a turn with at least some eagerness and finishes strongly, and the Motive 95 is still all that -- though I have to admit my Enforcer 100s are probably better in cut up crud, and DEFINITELY less work.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I was sold on these as my Motive replacement but after this morning I’m having second thoughts. My last 6 days out have been on my RC One 86’s. Felt amazing. Today I grabbed my AX 78’s. Boy, I forgot how magical they feel. Not sure why but I just ski better on those. Might need to try some SR95’s before I decide.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I sure do think so. Only felt 20mm narrower in that it was that much easier to get on edge. I liked it in the cruddy powder more than the Bent 110 and Mantra 102, so plenty of float there.

I'll put it this way, I still ski my Motive 95, I haven't bought a narrower Ranger yet, I will have this 96 and it will be better than my Motives.
I purchased some Motives last year for the bindings. Skied all most of the time and really liked them. Now I know why people liked the ski. The daughter even liked them. Now they have fresh grind and sit in my rafters. Moved the binding to Evolvs. Jury is still out on that ski.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Might need to try some SR95’s before I decide.

1643227078366.png

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I purchased some Motives last year for the bindings. Skied all most of the time and really liked them. Now I know why people liked the ski. The daughter even liked them. Now they have fresh grind and sit in my rafters. Moved the binding to Evolvs. Jury is still out on that ski.

If you've got a perfectly refurbished Motive 95 in 186 looking for a new home, you might drop me a PM. :ogbiggrin:

procos

Putting on skis
Skier
I just sold my Pink Ranger 102’s to another forum member. Really really liked them but I have the Kastle 106HP which is very similar and more directional. I needed new boots so put the money towards a new pair of Lange RX120’s so it was a good sale for me. The buyer will be stocked. And so happy to hear the new 102’s are very similar to the old ones but more directional. That will be the next ski I buy. Just wish they made them in Pink dammit. I got more “awesome skis” from other people on those skis than any ski I have ever owned.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just stopped by Racers Edge for some boot work and saw that they have the new Rangers in. Could be my imagination but hand flexing the new 102 it feels softer than old 102 on which I have now skied a bunch of days. It is a perfect Colorado daily driver. Amazing how well it handles crud for how light it is.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just sold my Pink Ranger 102’s to another forum member. Really really liked them but I have the Kastle 106HP which is very similar and more directional. I needed new boots so put the money towards a new pair of Lange RX120’s so it was a good sale for me. The buyer will be stocked. And so happy to hear the new 102’s are very similar to the old ones but more directional. That will be the next ski I buy. Just wish they made them in Pink dammit. I got more “awesome skis” from other people on those skis than any ski I have ever owned.
The local shop had new, pink 191 cm's for $500 this fall. Alas, I ended up buying the RC One 86 GT's instead as my Fischer Ranger 98 Ti serve me so well in the powder. I may pick up a pair of the "old" Ranger 102 FR next fall if I find a good deal.

procos

Putting on skis
Skier
The local shop had new, pink 191 cm's for $500 this fall. Alas, I ended up buying the RC One 86 GT's instead as my Fischer Ranger 98 Ti serve me so well in the powder. I may pick up a pair of the "old" Ranger 102 FR next fall if I find a good deal.

Me too. But they are hard to find.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
In the photo there are two 102's are they different side cut? The tail of the lighter color one looks slightly different or is it just my eye sight.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In the photo there are two 102's are they different side cut? The tail of the lighter color one looks slightly different or is it just my eye sight.
Almost positive they are the same. The different color against the background can be deceiving to the eye. The 102 came in 2 colors last year (pink and blue) so also 2 different colors for next year.

Uncle-A

Skier
Almost positive they are the same. The different color against the background can be deceiving to the eye. The 102 came in 2 colors last year (pink and blue) so also 2 different colors for next year.
Manufacturers rarely make the same ski in two different colors unless there is some difference in the two.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Manufacturers rarely make the same ski in two different colors unless there is some difference in the two.
There were a few alternate graphic skis over the years. Fischer 102 is most recent but most will have a L, W or Lady after the name.

Uncle-A

Skier
There were a few alternate graphic skis over the years. Fischer 102 is most recent but most will have a L, W or Lady after the name.
So one of the Fischer 102's in the picture is a light or woman's ski? The teal or the dark blue is a woman's ski?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So one of the Fischer 102's in the picture is a light or woman's ski? The teal or the dark blue is a woman's ski?
Nope, just an alternate graphic.

Sponsor

Staff online