• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Crafted to Ski More: Fischer Announces Newly Designed Ranger Series

James

Out There
Instructor
Ski Essentials has the 96 in two colors. But the yellow only in 173, black in 173,180

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We need more reviews on the Bianchi ones. Man, I am sooooo buying these...

Will slap a black Countervail sticker on them, just to confuse the onlookers.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Phil, please get on the 116s and report back. I figure I could add the 116s to my RC One 86GTs and 102FRs and I'd be set with an all Fischer quiver! I could sell everything else and move on........... well maybe not.........

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, please get on the 116s and report back. I figure I could add the 116s to my RC One 86GTs and 102FRs and I'd be set with an all Fischer quiver! I could sell everything else and move on........... well maybe not.........
I will get on the 116 when I get conditions for it. IMHO it is unfair to get on a ski in conditions it is not designed for and even in the 6-8" we received in out recent demo the 116 would have been too much. I will say after skiing the narrrower versions I expect nothing but great things from it ... I will say that with a caviot ... they ski different than the previous generation.

We expect to have a 92 and 96 in our long term tesst fleet.
7FC652DB-29DA-4A20-B636-A6705D4C29DA.JPG
A0BAA0A7-8FF1-4C75-BD03-36B7E897FD58.JPG
tempImagei5Qsyo.jpg
tempImagewnyCvc.jpg
tempImagehcQgSC.jpg

The 102's did match my Lange XR9 Heritage boots quite well.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Phil, please get on the 116s and report back.

I sure hope they didn't address the two or three nits I had with the old 115s.

I'm nearly out of garage wall space.

Nearly.

Question of the Day is, however, does the new 96 capture the old magic of the Motive 95?!

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have been looking at the build differences between the outgoing Ranger FRs and the new Rangers, particularly the 102s, 115FR and 116. Outgoing/incoming - carbon tip/wood, convex core/straight, air carbon core/regular wood core, expanded titanal binding plates/a little more titanal.

The skeptic in me would say the changes were made primarily to take cost out of the product.........

JJ5250

Booting up
Skier
Oh man... I just found some 94 FR in my size... seems like the last ones in the world... lol.... or should I just get the 96's ..... hmmmmmmm.... looking for the ultimate one ski quiver for the east coast... even though I have a few in the quiver now.... lol...

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I have been looking at the build differences between the outgoing Ranger FRs and the new Rangers, particularly the 102s, 115FR and 116. Outgoing/incoming - carbon tip/wood, convex core/straight, air carbon core/regular wood core, expanded titanal binding plates/a little more titanal.

The skeptic in me would say the changes were made primarily to take cost out of the product.........

I agree 100%. I watched all the Fischer "propaganda" videos and I'm convinced this was a business decision to reduce costs and make the product more accessible to the masses. Granted I haven't tested any of them yet, but I do have friends who will be soon... So the jury is still out for me, but I'm with you, that my initial impression of the changes is not a good one. These skis now look like any other ski from any other manufacturer. The previous Ranger skis were unique and very "Fischer". Not anymore.

JJ5250

Booting up
Skier
I agree 100%. I watched all the Fischer "propaganda" videos and I'm convinced this was a business decision to reduce costs and make the product more accessible to the masses. Granted I haven't tested any of them yet, but I do have friends who will be soon... So the jury is still out for me, but I'm with you, that my initial impression of the changes is not a good one. These skis now look like any other ski from any other manufacturer. The previous Ranger skis were unique and very "Fischer". Not anymore.
yea... think I'm gonna get the 94's.... just because....

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bad thing is it seems all the FR 102 in 184 are gone now, dammit…

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I sure hope they didn't address the two or three nits I had with the old 115s.

I'm nearly out of garage wall space.

Nearly.

Question of the Day is, however, does the new 96 capture the old magic of the Motive 95?!
I never skied the old Motives but I did ski the new 98 and am quite impressed.
I'm planning to bring my Motives to the next demo so I can ski them back to back.
I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this comparison :popcorn:

Sponsor