• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Crosson Dissenter 78, 185, taking a chance that paid off

TS
S

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I've changed my mind about the Crosson 78/185 with X-Comp plate and binding versus the same ski with a previous generation
(heal high) Marker demo binding (as I recall - I'm not where the ski is, temporarily).

(I have two pairs of this ski, one with each setup configuration. I'm now grateful this is so. :) )

I'd previously posted I preferred the all mountain demo binding, since it made the ski looser, more playful, and a bit more versatile.

Well, I took out the 78 with X-Comp & plate again today, with a fresh inch on top of corduroy crust, and that ski/setup was smooth and wonderful.
It is just as good as the all mountain setup, even though different in the way I describe.
It is just so good and easy at holding a carve and laying it over as much or as little as one desires. It's still a cross between a Line Blade
and a GS ski with rock solid, fail proof edge control and carve. Makes this old guy feel like an all star.
Today it was just a fun carving machine, so relaxing and easeful for a ski that can do so much on piste, any speed.
Hooray for Bode Miller!

I was skiing with a very good freeride skier friend, him riding the rail in SG type turns fast. I could almost keep up doing GS type turns on my Crossons,
so dependable. Almost nobody on the slopes at Loveland, mild weather, memorable.

Man, the Crosson Dissenter 78/185/X-Comp and the new Rossi Sender 110/191 Free/Schizo, skied in the same week.
Very grateful.

Last edited:
TS
S

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
To my mild surprise, the Crosson 78/185, both the X Comp and older (heal high) demo versions, have become my "go to"
daily driver in this Colorado "low Snow" year, with day after day of race prep groomers being the main rock free slopes around.

During and after the morning "ski off" of the groomers, these things just hold so dependably, and easefully, in carves of any angle.
That makes them very restful and yet high performance.
(And they do mild off piste fairly well too.)

P.S. A Vail EMT who spends parts of five days a week on Vail's slopes told me that this is the lowest snow year there and in most
of Colorado since 1996, so far, according to what's been circulated among the staff there.

Sponsor

Staff online