• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

CSIA system revamp

TS
geepers

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
But as soon as you remember it, They will go ahead and change it again

That's just standard for all organisations. Been happening since the time of the Romans - legionnaires wrote about it.

Anyway, wait long enough and it'll be back.

Except flair trousers. And fluoro one piece. What were we thinking....:eek:

Bendzeekneez

Putting on skis
Skier
I will be teaching what I know works. Having taught for many years, I feel confident to teach whatever the client wants. Regardless of what it's now called.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you saying that CSIA allows and encourages skiers who have no interest in teaching to take their courses and go through their certification exams in order to bring in money? I"ve always wondered why they do that. Here in the USA, to register for a certification exam, the instructor's Ski School Director has to sign a form confirming that the instructor has taught a minimum of X number of hours. So we not only have to intend to teach; we have to have been teaching already and have the approval of our SSD.
@LiquidFeet, that may be true in Eastern, but it is not a requirement in Rocky Mountain. In fact, I took the Level 1 exam without a job or, for that matter, a decision on my part to actually teach. I skied with a gentleman yesterday in a RM clinic who just got his level 1 without employment in a ski school...
A couple of seasons ago I contacted RM PSIA to get more information about the certification process. I was informed that, indeed, one can take the Level 1 exam without being employed in a ski school. However, that’s not the case for the Level 2 or 3 exam since the SSD has to sign off on the candidate.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
The WIS group of the CSIA has started a Facebook group. If you any CSIA women instructors tell them about it. They might have received an email, but coukd have been missed. Interesting stuff so far.

MattFromCanada

Professional Something-or-another
Skier
The WIS group of the CSIA has started a Facebook group. If you any CSIA women instructors tell them about it. They might have received an email, but coukd have been missed. Interesting stuff so far.

Are you able to link it? I'd like to send it to my better (in most ways including skiing) half, she didn't get an email.

Sponsor

Staff online