• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Current Skis Most Similar to K2 Coomback 104?

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
5'10", 145lbs, 24.5 boot.
This ski would be replacing a K2 Pinnacle 105, 184cm. The Pinnacle gets hooky pretty quickly in the deep stuff, doesn't cling well to the scraped-off stuff, and doesn't make up for any of these weaknesses with "snow feel". Seems like an up-sized recreational "all mountain" ski. I liked them a bit at first, but then skied my wife's Gotbacks again and remembered just how capable the Coomback shape is.

I would love some opinions here. I have experience on both the Coomback 104 AND the Gotback, which is the female version of the ski.
Why do I like this ski?
Long EE allows me to ski it shorter.
I like larger radius shapes for the type of off-piste skiing that I have access to.
No "creative" core inserts, laminates, or torsion beams. Just wood, glass, and glue.
I like the way the tip shape behaves in deep snow.
The tail is snappy, precise, and useful.

Do you have a current ski model that comes to mind when I describe this ski? I am hoping to find something in a sub-180cm length, 22m+ radius.
Thank you!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
K2 Wayback 106 is the modern incarnation of the Coomback

TS
Delicious

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
Thank you. The Wayback 106 has a long tail rocker in real life though. Hopefully the cambered tail is something that the industry will revisit.

Sponsor

Staff online