• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Currently hibernating in Austin, TX... originally Long Islander who lived in SF Bay Area before this

shima

Dojo Owner, Sr Network Engineer, Skier
Skier
Hi all,
I know @Tricia and @Philpug from when I used to go to Northstar all the time back in 2011-2015... then ya know I got pregnant during the fall of 2015, moved to Austin, TX w/ my husband at the beginning of 2016 and had 2 lovely kids here and hadn't skied since. My husband just surprised our au pair and myself with a ski trip weekend away at the location of my choosing, so we are going to escape in February for a few days to Breckenridge. I picked an Epic mountain I hadn't been to before, and anywhere in Colorado was high on my list since most of my skiing to date was all east cost (childhood) in Massachusetts, New York, Vermont... and then Tahoe during pre-child bearing days. Never made it to Colorado yet! Thanks for the recommendation of Breckenridge, Tricia, and all the other recommendations haha. @Susie also thanks for pointing out that the elevation is higher than I'm used to there than Northstar, this may be the highest peak I'll have had the pleasure of going to so far when we get there next year!

Miss ya all, so while "new" to this forum since I was a bit busy w/ the birthing of kids when it came up, not "new" to skiing, just been hibernating in warm lacking mountains Austin, TX staring my skis every day which hang in the garage here.... LOL.

Now you all just need to stop me from buying new stuff to replace my 10 year old gear :P So far I'm a good girl and have only bought a rolling ski bag and a boot bag, since I never needed those as all previous times I've ever skied in my life I always drove too the destination. This upcoming trip is my first time flying to snow.

PS - I have Reynauds and already own heated boots and gloves, but oo the new updated versions... did someone say squirrel? Also there's a handful of new ski brands I don't remember seeing when I got my Volkl Kenja or Armada TSTw's back in 2012 LOL.

TS
shima

shima

Dojo Owner, Sr Network Engineer, Skier
Skier
Welcome! Sounds like you're all set, except for needing a bunch of new gear and a few more trips. ogwink
Complications now (and why it took me so long to get back) are
a) kids (so glad they're almost at the age where I drag them with to the mountains)
b) have to fly not drive now
c) I now own and run my own Kenpo Karate dojo so can't just skip town whenever I want either LOL

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome Back!
622297_454804174555382_535379278_o.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Now you all just need to stop me from buying new stuff to replace my 10 year old gear :P
:roflmao:
Translation:
I joined SkiTalk because I knew you all would enable my gear buying addiction!

Sponsor

Staff online