• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cycling in Ireland

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Not really a big report..but..I had intended to rent a bike in Ireland and toot around Connemara. After driving to my destination I would like to let everyone know, if you intend to cycle in Ireland, buy life insurance first! :ogbiggrin: The roads are often stone walls on both sides with barely enough room for two cars to pass..in fact, some lanes, there is barely enough room for one car..we had about 1' on either side into our house rental. Having said that, some truly hero rides in and around the west coast north of Galway. Stay safe everyone.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I did a cycling safari tour in county Clare some years ago, just south of Connemara. Similar experience to you, @scott43 , with the narrow roads (at least cars are smaller too) but it was an awesome time.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Oh yeah, loved the place. People were fantastic, scenery was amazing. But man..the roads! :)

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
thats why all the rental cars are missing the left mirrors :).
Ha! You know what I did notice? Many cars, both local and rentals, had scratches down the left side from running into the gorse hanging over the roadway..you have no choice! It may be 2' between vehicles but at 100kkmh, it looks closer!! :ogbiggrin:

Reactions: Ron

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid