• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cycling Picture Thread

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pretty rare I get to ride through the railroad cut and not have someone coming the other way and messing up my picture.

20220709_120037.jpg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'm pretty sure alcohol is involved...
Eh, that rig is in the upstairs parking lot of the local makerspace so there might have been some long-term beer holding.

My current notion is that they use a camming ratchet/comealong to tie the front (black) frame to the vertical extension of the tan sub-frame. That would possibly pivot the drum load onto the small dolly wheels. I'm sorry I didn't get details of the steering mech...

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
108 degrees yesterday in Texas on my ride, sent this to my wife she was worried I didn’t have water.

^We'll see temps close to that by the end of the week; I don't relish going MTB because the ticks are rampant so time to charge the lights for night ops.

Reactions: Tex

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
25 days since I tested positive for covid(got my arse kicked) and I still get exhausted quickly, I can't elevate my heart rate into my 'normal' zone 2 for more than a few minutes. Quite frustrating, but still a nice road ride early this AM. Saw a huge herd of Elk, mess of deer, eagle, some rodent I couldn't ID, momma turkey with 10 little ones, and only one a-hole driver yelling at me to get off the road..

IMG_6152.jpeg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
25 days since I tested positive for covid(got my arse kicked) and I still get exhausted quickly, I can't elevate my heart rate into my 'normal' zone 2 for more than a few minutes. Quite frustrating, but still a nice road ride early this AM. Saw a huge herd of Elk, mess of deer, eagle, some rodent I couldn't ID, momma turkey with 10 little ones, and only one a-hole driver yelling at me to get off the road..

View attachment 174329

Been there, done that, spent two months in the 80% zone and been weak as a kitten on the bike afterwards. One thing no one really talks about is weird syndromes after long virus - patellar, piriformis, ankle tendonitis, fascia. Imagine getting Easter knees in the second half of August. Not only was 2020 a throwaway it took most of '21 to build back up to proper training.

:(

Horse country ride this am
IMG_20220730_103528.jpg

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Been there, done that, spent two months in the 80% zone and been weak as a kitten on the bike afterwards. One thing no one really talks about is weird syndromes after long virus - patellar, piriformis, ankle tendonitis, fascia.
What was your timeline back to ‘normal’ for cardio? This morning was 30 miles with barely any climbing(maybe 400’) at a pace of 15mph(very strenuous). I normally cruise(solo) at 18-20(comfortable). Now Im wheezing and exhausted, not very fun.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven't even been on my bike since I had the 'vid in early July. First was really bad back spasms, then a little dry cough. Back spasms could have been attributed to heavy lifting the day before, the cough to dry air and dust/allergies. But the spasms went into day 2, then came the loss of smell (not a bad thing when picking up the doo), then several days of wiped TF out. We were supposed to leave on Thursday for Washington but I didn't have enough oomph until Saturday. Two days confined in the truck with my wife who generously gave me 'vid, and then some nice cool ocean air and I felt pretty good. We sat at a different table than our camping friends, and stayed away from them for the first few days. After we were beyond the 5-7 days after initial symptoms we were cleared by our ER doctor friend to rejoin the crowd. She said where she worked, if they got Covid, they had five days then back to work.

So, it looks like tomorrow will be day one back on the bike and I'm interested to see how I feel. I don't feel too much different than before, except maybe lingering tiredness. I don't track my heart rate or breathing, so no baseline there. I'll ride until I feel like I don't need to go further, then turn around!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid