• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cycling Picture Thread

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
25 days since I tested positive for covid(got my arse kicked) and I still get exhausted quickly, I can't elevate my heart rate into my 'normal' zone 2 for more than a few minutes. Quite frustrating, but still a nice road ride early this AM. Saw a huge herd of Elk, mess of deer, eagle, some rodent I couldn't ID, momma turkey with 10 little ones, and only one a-hole driver yelling at me to get off the road..

View attachment 174329
Took me 3 or 4 weeks to get back to normal cardio capacity. You are definitely going about it the right way.

I just got it early June for the first time. Glad I was well vaccinated as it was very mild. Not to derail, but I also had a good experience with Paxlovid when I got it. 1 day of generally feeling lousy and then 2 more feeling ok. Never had much of a fever. Cough hung around for a couple of weeks sporadically.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
25 days since I tested positive for covid(got my arse kicked) and I still get exhausted quickly, I can't elevate my heart rate into my 'normal' zone 2 for more than a few minutes. Quite frustrating, but still a nice road ride early this AM. Saw a huge herd of Elk, mess of deer, eagle, some rodent I couldn't ID, momma turkey with 10 little ones, and only one a-hole driver yelling at me to get off the road..

View attachment 174329
Didn't realize this was going on. I thought it was the heat.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
momma turkey with 10 little ones

I flushed up a flock of baby turkeys the other day and Momma gave me a light dive bombing, then ran ahead of me for quite a ways. I assume to lure me away from the kids.

What was your timeline back to ‘normal’ for cardio? This morning was 30 miles with barely any climbing(maybe 400’) at a pace of 15mph(very strenuous). I normally cruise(solo) at 18-20(comfortable). Now Im wheezing and exhausted, not very fun.

IME two more weeks. Skate skiing felt pretty normally-suffering to me after a full month, and alpine was fine much more quickly -- but I'm a lazy ass skier.

Never even thought about it while suffering mightily on the bike for six hours last week -- but that was a bit over 6 months later.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
20220731_113335.jpg

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Same race, day two. Had this little group going for about 40 miles. I'm second wheel. Dude on the front would ramp it up Every. Damn. Time., and by the time it was my turn I'd be half spun out and completely pinned. Kind of a drag, but I wasn't about to let go.

10633386_10204989422278052_6518056274387552363_o.jpg

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This was nine years ago, brought to me by a Google Photos reminder.

This was likely a once-in-a-lifetime ride to the top of Union Peak at Copper Mountain from the base, allowed by the construction of the Celebrity Ridge platter. Also, before my medical misadventures began, making a repeat unwise, though hopefully not impossible.

20130926_125732.jpg

That's looking across Copper Bowl at Tucker Mountain before the lift and the avalanche that created the Valentine's run.

The Mountain Chief lift and footing for the new Celebrity Ridge platter:

20130926_130756.jpg

Looking the other way toward I-70 and the village:

20130926_130428.jpg

Union Bowl and Enchanted Forest:

20130926_132205.jpg

Finally, constructing the bottom of Celebrity Ridge:

20130926_143935.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online