• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cycling Picture Thread

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Another one from back in the day that popped up on my memory feed. Start of a 6hr in 2011. Flatted halfway through the first lap, had a CO2 failure and then a pump failure, and finished the lap dfl.

204403_2050713826308_4858546_o.jpg

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^did you go north up the fire road on the east side?

No, we were climbing from Woodstock back over to Fort Valley. We got over to the west side via Crisman Hollow, after which we dropped down into New Market. Route is here.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Cruising a beater bike around the UC Davis campus a few months ago. Man I love that campus. So many cities and campuses could learn so much about urban cycle planning from Davis.

View attachment 202528
Toured Berkeley with my daughter last friday. Man that is NOT a bike friendly campus. Saw a guy walking a fixie up one of the many, many hills and thought to myself "well, duh!"

Davis is a great town and school. Touring it with daughter in a few weeks, but I've been on campus many times for professional reasons.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was in Ft. Collins, CO this past weekend. Talk about a cycling city! In one of the coffee shops (The Bean Cycle) they had a display of historic bikes and I thought of my internet friends ...
20230429_181652.jpg

20230429_181604.jpg

20230429_181546.jpg

20230429_181633.jpg

Rudi Riet

SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Two shots from l'Etape du Tour this past Sunday, both from the Col de Joux Plane. This year's Etape did the course that the Tour de France riders will see on stage 14, this coming Saturday. It was a brutal and beautiful day on the bike.

IMG_3504.jpeg

IMG_3511crop.jpeg

Rudi Riet

SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait, someone rode ^that on a FS mtb?

No, that was a local MTB rider who was cheering folks on atop the Col du Joux Plane. Lots of great MTB riding in the greater Morzine area.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Go Rudi, go!

Changing subject, I live near a very popular suburban bike/walk path. I see some crazy stuff on this trail.

Unicycles are pretty ubiquitous these days. It's still a bit shocking when one of them or an e-scooter blows past me on the trail doing 25 mph, sometimes drink in hand. :)
unicycle.jpg

Is this monstrosity solar powered?
solar powered bicycle.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online