• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Damp vs Stable

TS
blikkem

blikkem

Booting up
Skier
Stöckli LaserAX. It's an extremely narrow all-mountain ski, but if you have the skills it will really perform. It's one of the few skis that manages to be damp without being dead, while being able to return strong rebound energy when laid over. What it doesn't have is a more modern geometry. Very little, if any, tip rocker and a tip shape that's more traditional. It manages the unique feat of not punishing the driver for bad inputs, yet rewarding a skilled driver for the good ones.

So I've been reading about the Stockli line. I like the idea of a 80 width ski so wanted to know about the AR. It seems the AX is very popular and the AR gets very little love (relatively speaking). I read through 10+ pages of the never ending Stockli thread and still not a lot of AR love. Any reason for that? Is this a new thread? I think there is enough Stockli threads on this site as it is.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
So I've been reading about the Stöckli line. I like the idea of a 80 width ski so wanted to know about the AR. It seems the AX is very popular and the AR gets very little love (relatively speaking). I read through 10+ pages of the never ending Stöckli thread and still not a lot of AR love. Any reason for that? Is this a new thread? I think there is enough Stöckli threads on this site as it is.

TS
blikkem

blikkem

Booting up
Skier
Thanks @Noodler. The search function hates anything less than 3 letters so it comes up with all these general Stockli threads. Too many hours reading already.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier