• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Date these K2 two88 skis?

ppg677

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Can anyone date these K2 two88 skis I picked up at the goodwill for $55? Late 90s or Early 2000s? Google turns up nothing. Though the Marker 5.2 bindings might be 2002 catalog.

When my young kids started skiing a couple years ago I pulled out my old dusty/worn Rossi 4S skis from the attic (shown on the left) and started using them since I was primarily on bunny hills in the Midwest. They felt great...just like I used them in college in the 90s. I even bought new boots which made them ski even better.

On a total whim I "upgraded" to the Goodwill K2s shown in the right. They also feel great and show very minimal wear. I seem to catch less edges with them and they have a bit more shape to them.

Also can anyone speak to what modern skis offer in terms of experience? They all seem even wider nowadays and no longer have pointy tips! And perhaps a pragmatic view of the actual risk I'm taking by using 20-year old bindings that appear to have next to no wear? I do run a low DIN setting and have done basic "whack the boot" sideways to ensure it ejects. I basically never fall anyways...but perhaps not wise or I decided to go on a ski vacation out west in which I'd probably just rent.

PXL_20230121_211351496.MP.jpg

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Two's are mid/late 90's. Not sure why you or anyone would want them, they are the entry level of the series, Two, Three and the Four, the last one is what Bode won Junior Nationals with.

TS
P

ppg677

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Two's are mid/late 90's. Not sure why you or anyone would want them, they are the entry level of the series, Two, Three and the Four, the last one is what Bode won Junior Nationals with.
I've seen Twos. But Two88 might be somewhat newer?

What makes them entry-level? Heavier? Surface quality or how they respond to flex?

All I know is I had a blast skiing them today and avoiding one day of rentals already paid for them. And the 4S skiis were really getting a bit old and also a bit short for being non-shaped.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've seen Twos. But Two88 might be somewhat newer?

What makes them entry-level? Heavier?

All I know is I had a blast skiing them today and avoiding one day of rentals already paid for them. And the 4S skiis were really getting a bit old...
Such as your Rossi 4S was a later graphic 4S, these were a later graphic Two. I do beleive the 88 refers to that particular pair you have a 188's.

Sponsor

Staff online