• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Deb Armstrong: A critical look at the PSIA Technical Model

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I did have one week where in the middle of a run I had a flash of insight and said to the instructor, "my hands seem weird. would you pay special attention to them and tell me what is going on?"
Well, let's be honest here and admit that the "flash of insight" consisted in the realization that if you didn't think of something quick the instructor was going to ask about your boots.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, let's be honest here and admit that the "flash of insight" consisted in the realization that if you didn't think of something quick the instructor was going to ask about your boots.
He was too discreet for that. Instead he asked you about my boots.

Frenchman

Troublemaker
Skier
Yes, but the time required for these [ISIA speed test] courses are extremely lenient.
Are they? It's 12.5% of the average time of two FIS 50 points course runners (opening and closing runs), and 17.5% for women (source). I objectively don't know what that means practically (I remember that the openers are WC level, but I may be wrong). In any case, I have never heard of the Speed test being "extremely lenient." More like "that (non ex-racer) person has been training and crashing for four years and never passed." If it were extremely lenient, I don't think anybody would care much about it, as far as being a barrier to getting the ISIA card.

Last edited: