• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Deciding on a GS suit

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
I was considering a new GS suit this year and started looking around. I'm having a difficult time deciding which one would be appropriate from the EBay results
1665603629715.png

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
MAMIL

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
They all run small. Just saying.

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah, my current suit is a Fuxi - not real sure I want to go that way again.
Anything wrong with the product or just trying something new?

My suit is well past its prime, Fuxi is on my short list.

TS
OldJeep

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Anything wrong with the product or just trying something new?

My suit is well past its prime, Fuxi is on my short list.
I had a lot of issues with their sizing and then the material was very fragile compared to previous decente suit. This has been 4 or 5 years, so maybe they are better.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Lots of race suits out there: Arctica, Aspire, Besson, Colmar, Descente, Energiapura, Fuxi, Kappa, Karbon, Phenix, POC, Schoffel, Spyder, Sync.

I am 6ft 210lbs, wear a mens 44L (US)/54L (Euro) sport coat. In most GS race suits, I use an XL.

The high end GS race suits (like Colmar, Descente, Spyder) are quite nice, but expensive. For more affordable options, I've had luck with Artica and Aspire. The Artica is a bit looser fit and has better knee padding, while the Aspire is a touch tighter w/better thigh padding. I recently got a Fuxi, which seems to offer the best fit (particularly in the shoulders), nice knee padding, but a bit thinner padding elsewhere.

Sponsor

Staff online