• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Delayed furniture

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
This is where our personalities come into play and @KevinF has to formulate a plan that is consistent with his.
Very good point.

Write down what's bothering you the most. I think it's ok to share that with the "president of the company".

Also make it clear you will not hesitate to cancel the order if the two sides can't come to a good resolution.

Some people, having gone thru all that @KevinF has, would be determining if the company was going to be at Big E this fall, then start designing the sandwich board to wear as they walked back and forth in front of the company's booth. Y'know, as a PSA to potential customers.
That's a good one! :)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If you paid in full and never received the product your credit card company probably has your back, no matter how long they've been stringing you along. You have solid documentation that they haven't delivered on any of their obligations, you have it in writing. Game, set match. Call your credit card company and ask them to get you a refund..

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Call your credit card company and ask them to get you a refund..
If you go this way, the sooner the better and the more documentation (dates of emails, etc.) the better. I started my dispute last week; hopefully I'll know something soon.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Covid was no excuse as of last September. We had been in the supply chain situation for so long by then that they should have known very well what they could and could not deliver. And if they were not going to meet a promise, they owed the customers a phone call.
Exactly. If companies, any companies, hadn't figured out where they stood as far as the supply chain goes by last year they probably shouldn't be in business anyway. That may sound harsh but it's true. The whole thing could be on so much better terms if THEY would initiate the contact instead of Kevin having to do it over and over. I'd rather have one call early on saying it's going to be at least 6 months (or whatever) than "Oh, 10 more days" then "Well maybe another week" ad infinitum.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. It's good to have some confirmation that I'm not being unrealistic regarding my expectations at this point.

As suggested, I wrote down some thoughts, primarily centered around the two promised deliveries and the two cancelled deliveries and how that calls into question the quality of this entire enterprise.

I have a call scheduled for 1:30 this afternoon; we'll see how it goes. I'll update accordingly.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Kevin, your domestic dilemmas are excellent at building tension and keeping an audience watching for more. I'm stuck in isolation with Covid and on the forum a lot these days so am keeping up better than usual with the "developing" stories here. I look forward to finding out how your phone call goes.

Nice table by the way. What is the wood?

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Kevin, your domestic dilemmas are excellent at building tension and keeping an audience watching for more. I'm stuck in isolation with Covid and on the forum a lot these days so am keeping up better than usual with the "developing" stories here. I look forward to finding out how your phone call goes.

Nice table by the way. What is the wood?
Maybe I missed my call as a suspense-novel writer. :cool:

The wood is oak.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Well, to nobody's surprise (at least not mine), the president didn't call at the promised 1:30 timeframe.

If he's trying to piss me off, he's doing a good job.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Next up, contact the credit card company and the local TV News Troubleshooter person.

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Next up, contact the credit card company and the local TV News Troubleshooter person.
Cancelling the order will result in several month of delay to find a different manufacturer.

And making trouble for the current builder may feel good but doesn't make a new table materialize out of thin air.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Cancelling the order will result in several month of delay to find a different manufacturer.

And making trouble for the current builder may feel good but doesn't make a new table materialize out of thin air.
It's a TABLE. Not like there are no other options to eat supper. No table is THAT good. Look at estate sales and find a GOOD one pretty quick.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Fired off the below email this morning... we'll see how he responds (or rather, doesn't respond)

Below you stated "Okay, I will call you then" at our agreed upon time of 1:30pm on Thursday August 11th. That obviously did not happen.

This is a continuation of a disturbing pattern of communication, or rather the lack thereof. In May, you had called to schedule delivery; after that had been revoked because you didn't have the table, you promised a phone call to discuss options, timeline, etc. That didn't happen. In July you had promised me a call on August 3rd after your vacation to schedule delivery, etc. That didn't happen.

Meanwhile, you attempted to schedule delivery of a dining room set that didn't include a table and later included the wrong table. These events are causing me to call into question the quality of any item I might ultimately receive.

These "fits and starts" are causing me embarrassment in that I have twice had to cancel removal of my existing dining room furniture and I have twice had to cancel a small dinner party to break in the new set I was expecting from you. Providing you with a 1:30 time slot yesterday involved me rescheduling several meetings at my office to fit you in; I'm not willing to make that effort a second time.

In short, the only thing I have received from you so far is frustration and embarrassment. I believe I am justified in requesting some form of financial compensation at this time. I need, from you, in writing what you feel our options are to resolve this.

I think that gets the point across...

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
To be honest I'd be a little more direct - setting a final time and date at my convenience for them to call to resolve and then saying at that point if they are unresponsive you'll be initiating a full credit card chargeback for continued non-delivery of goods and making a full complaint to their local business bureau and any trade associations they are a part of.

Then I wouldn't take anything less than a 20% discount if they do deliver.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
@KevinF, if you don't hear back, or you hear back with an unacceptible wishywashy response, consider doing exactly what @fatbob just suggested.

It will be time you told them what to they have to do, rather than asking them to figure it out.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I feel for you @KevinF and I hope it gets resolved soon one way or the other. As others have suggested, talking with your CC should be on your to-do list. The way the MFR is handling this I wouldn't expect them to be forthcoming with either a discount or refund.

Sponsor

Staff online