• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Demo Binding Question

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
My knowledge on bindings is not great. I buy Pivots or Attacks have them mounted up and away I go. I am thinking about getting a air of DPS "house" skis and thought Demo bindings would be the way to go. I started looking at the Demo Attack 14s vs the standard Attack 14s. The stand height on the Demo's is 32mm vs 17mm on the standard. I presume the stand height is the height above the ski? Is it possible that the Demo's are 1.5cm higher than the standard? How much difference would that make in how the skis ski? 1.5cm is a lot, I must not understand what stand height is?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have you not read anything we have written on demo bindings? :) Yes, the Attack2 demo is different height than the retail version.

TS
Quandary

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great read! Thanks Phil. Reading the article is this the binding you were referencing the Look SPX 12 GW demo binding? It looks like a fixed toe and a long "normal" track in the back.

I would suspect a 100 brake would fit a 106 ski?

The other thought i had was that the Attacks have a 32mm range. The smallest boot is a 305 BSL. Couldn't I have the mount the set so that the rear track is attached so that the a 305 boot is at the front of the track with boot center over mount point then there is plenty of room to go back for bigger boots?

Thanks.

Last edited:

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Consider the new Strive 13 Demo-binding, low stand height and lighter-weight.

I bought 2 sets from here at $249 + ship

A Truer Demo Experience
Recently we wrote an article about demo bindings, specifically stack height, and how we felt that being lower on the deck of the ski was more important than being fore or aft a centimeter. Salomon agreed, and they addressed it in the design of the new Strive GW 13 Demo and its sibling, the 11 Demo. Salomon was adamant in making the demo binding invisible in the ski demo experience. Salomon realizes that the purpose in demoing a ski is just that, to demo the ski. So they not only dropped the weight of the Strive GW 13 Demo by over 300 grams from the Warden 13 Demo, but most importantly, made the new demo‘s stack height identical to the retail counterpart! The Warden 13 Demo will stay in the line to maintain an MNC offering.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Note that Salomon and Atomic have the same owner, Anta Sports of Jinjian, China. Salomon and Atomic bindings are identical (including the private label versions such as Stöckli with custom colors of the plastic bits). Anta Sports is the world's third largest sporting goods manufacturer behind Nike and Adidas.