• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Demo Bindings and how they compare to their retail counterpart.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Any drawbacks with Marker of the TCX heel over the Royal heel? Pros like stepping in in fresh snow obvious. Already bought a pair for toolless quiver adjustment but haven't mounted them yet.

Attack heel is almost too easy to step into, kinda doesn't feel it can be secure at first but it is.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any drawbacks with Marker of the TCX heel over the Royal heel? Pros like stepping in in fresh snow obvious. Already bought a pair for toolless quiver adjustment but haven't mounted them yet.
Valid question but none at all. Case in point, which heel design does Marker use on their race binding?

slidingmike

Going downhill fast...
Skier
I am getting ready to mount some Salomon/Atomic/Stockli X 16 bindings and discovered that they are adjustable like demo bindings. What are your thoughts on these particular binders?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am getting ready to mount some Salomon/Atomic/Stockli X 16 bindings and discovered that they are adjustable like demo bindings. What are your thoughts on these particular binders?
Not a demo binding per say but a system binding. Great binding for it's application.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

The Atomic X16 VAR / Salomon Lab 16 bindings are solid bindings.
Have more than 16 pairs. No issues what so ever.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great video! Would be interested to get on the SPX ?metrix? and see how the delta and stack height feels compared to the Salmon Strive.

Regarding the SPX, my first ski binding was an SPX12. You could imagine my annoyance when getting a Pivot and realizing how little adjustment range it had in the heel when compared to the SPX's generous 50mm lol.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Great video! Would be interested to get on the SPX ?metrix? and see how the delta and stack height feels compared to the Salmon Strive.
I honestly do not expect a significant difference, a few MM vs a stronger couple will cancel each other out.

You could imagine my annoyance when getting a Pivot and realizing how little adjustment range it had in the heel when compared to the SPX's generous 50mm lol.
One of the quirks of the Pivot is the adjustment range but as I said in the video, any more ... it wouldn't be a Pivot because it will add height and a disconnect. The regular SPX has about 28mm of range, the SPX Test in the video has the 50 mm.

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I have X 12 var on my GS skis, all good on hardpack, in gates. No problems. I haven’t tried adjusting as it felt that the mount position was good.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I honestly do not expect a significant difference, a few MM vs a stronger couple will cancel each other out.

One of the quirks of the Pivot is the adjustment range but as I said in the video, any more ... it wouldn't be a Pivot because it will add height and a disconnect. The regular SPX has about 28mm of range, the SPX Test in the video has the 50 mm.
About flexibility in adjustment does a Pivot actually have? My son and I were just talking about this very thing this morning.

freeskier1961

still aspiring
Skier
Marker Griffon black demo 2021 similar to retail? weight ramp etc

thanks

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Marker Griffon black demo 2021 similar to retail? weight ramp etc

thanks
You can find those numbers here...

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Do demo bindings offer the ability to play around with mount point without redrilling? I think the answer is no, but was curious if one should shift the BSL setting forward/backward 1 setting.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do demo bindings offer the ability to play around with mount point without redrilling? I think the answer is no, but was curious if one should shift the BSL setting forward/backward 1 setting.
Yes you can.