• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Demoing Skis in Utah.....best location for selection?

bremmick

Booting up
Skier
Looking to demo some skis this season in the 88-94 range....thinking Brahma, Kendo, Enforcer 88 and 94, Declivity, and maybe the Storm Rider 88. Even though I live here, not a clue which shops have the best demo programs and fleets. Any guidance would be greatly appreaciated.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Do you know about the big demo day at Alta every April on a Saturday? I don't know if it's canceled this year?

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In years past, I've had pretty good choice at Utah Ski & Golf. Stock moves around from store to store and is fairly well-used, but I got a good sense of several pairs of skis nonetheless.
Worth inquiring.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
if you're truly demoing and want to do 2skis a day, switching at lunch, that pretty much means on-mtn.

TS
bremmick

bremmick

Booting up
Skier
if you're truly demoing and want to do 2skis a day, switching at lunch, that pretty much means on-mtn.

Perhaps, if it works. Just wanting to find personal experience with locations. Deer Valley ideally.

irishnc

Booting up
Skier
I'm not sure about those specific brands, but one place I was impressed by the service at Jackson's Base Camp, which is located at the foot of Park City: https://jacksonsbasecamp.com/

I rented skis for my 15-year old son. Rental boots were atomic hawk 110s (for the base/cheap package) which surprised me. (expected a much cheaper boot)

LuliTheYounger

I'm just here to bother my mom
Skier
I've only gone to the one in Cottonwood Heights, but I think Christy's has a location in DV? I had pretty good luck with them; they didn't have a massive stock in my size but the techs were knowledgeable and made some good recommendations.

Cantankerous

Putting on skis
Skier
So if you want to demo at DV--you have Jans at the Snowpark lodge on the lower mountain and Cole Sport at Silver Lake(mid mountain)--so you can demo several skis in one day. You might want to choose the shop that carries the skis you seem to gravitate to most--since they carry distinct brands. I think it costs $105.0 a day to demo and you can take out as many skis as you can handle and the money is applied to purchase. One thing to bear in mind--I think both shops are already sold out of many key sizes--so you might check the website..for sizes available to purchase. You might also want to call ahead to make sure that they have the demos in sizes you want--you'll need to do that very close to the day you want to demo--like the afternoon before...hope that helps..

Cantankerous

Putting on skis
Skier
Right...the Rossi demo Yurt in DV is the way to go...if you want Rossi's of course--I've actually been wondering if they have the new Rossi Experience' for 2022--which might meet the Op's needs...I'll bet this will be a compelling ski---at 86mm

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm not sure about those specific brands, but one place I was impressed by the service at Jackson's Base Camp, which is located at the foot of Park City: https://jacksonsbasecamp.com/

I rented skis for my 15-year old son. Rental boots were atomic hawk 110s (for the base/cheap package) which surprised me. (expected a much cheaper boot)

I rented high performance demos from them a couple of years ago and they had a good selection of stuff and had no issues with me changing skis once or twice a day. It is convenient to the base at Park City and you can leave your shoes in the shop if you want to boot up at the shop.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Right...the Rossi demo Yurt in DV is the way to go...if you want Rossi's of course--I've actually been wondering if they have the new Rossi Experience' for 2022--which might meet the Op's needs...I'll bet this will be a compelling ski---at 86mm
I'll just leave this here....It's really good.

Chubb

Booting up
Skier
Jackson's Base Camp shop at the Park City Resort Center is unique. All ski and boot models they sell are available to demo/rent including expert and race models. I've never seen another shop rent high-end boots nor have so many ski models available for demo.

It's been a couple years since I rented skis there. I stopped by the shop after skiing today to check it they had the new 2022 early release Elan Ripstick 96 Black Edition skis and they had them for sale and demos available in both the 180 cm and 188 cm sizes I want to try. Jackson's has a great selection, just not the brands in the OP's list.

Stockli demos are available at Jan's in Park City and Deer Valley. The Stockli Stormrider 95 in 175cm and 184cm which I want to try are at the Jan's store on Park avenue.

Cole Sport in Park City and Deer Valley carries the Blizzard, Volkl, Nordica, and Armada brands in the OP's demo list.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not in DV but at the mouth of BCC
The Lifthouse

AC326658-F955-49EE-983A-C4FD228AB556.jpeg