• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Desperately need last minute advice on Enforcer models

mara12

Booting up
Skier
Hi all, I need some desperate help to decide on a ski to purchase as soon as possible for a one ski-quiver (as of now).
Location: Banff (Lake Louise) and Colorado (also planning trips to Snowbird in Utah)
I'm M 175lb and 5'8"-5'9" intermediate.

Skiis I've used in the past
Enforcer 100 in 169cm
Bonafide in 173cm
I didn't have any issues with either ski and enjoyed them.

My current options
2021 Enforcer 100 sizes available 172cm/179cm $580
2021 Enforcer 110 Free 177cm $490
2021 Enforcer 104 Free 172cm $640

Don't own anything right now

Considering prices and fit, what should I get? I'm totally lost, I was hoping to get the Enforcer 104 Free's but the 172cm I think is too short especially considering its rocker. The 110 Free's are likley too big for a one ski quiver, but the price is fantastic.

I like to ski all-mountain and but also enjoy skiing groomed blue runs and turns as well.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The new Enforcer 100 is more ski than the old so a 172cm should work fine but I’d probably lean towards the 179cm on the 104 because of it’s increased rocker and tail splay.

If those are US prices, the full retail of those skis for the 2022 versions in Canada are only about $40 different for the 21 versions. So only the 110 is a great deal and that’s more of a quiver ski.

TS
M

mara12

Booting up
Skier
The new Enforcer 100 is more ski than the old so a 172cm should work fine but I’d probably lean towards the 179cm on the 104 because of it’s increased rocker and tail splay.

If those are US prices, the full retail of those skis for the 2022 versions in Canada are only about $40 different for the 21 versions. So only the 110 is a great deal and that’s more of a quiver ski.
CAD prices.

Out of curiosity what would you get in my situation?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
That’s a good deal then with CAN prices then!
I’d lean 172cm Enforcer 100 then. Like your old 100 but even better carving and crud capability and still less demanding than most skis in it’s range.

TS
M

mara12

Booting up
Skier
Ok thank you soo much everyone. I was really concerned over sizing. I'm ordering the 172cm Enforcer 100. Someone told me to size up on the enforcer's due to the rocker i.e. get the 179cm, but it looks like giving my past and current recommendations, that's not necessary.

In any case, I hope to get a different ski in the next 2 years after I have a better feel for my needs.

TS
M

mara12

Booting up
Skier
Well I should clarify they mentioned for my size, I could get away with the 172cm but I would out grow them. It seems like that might be misguided information or not necessarily 100% acurate ?

Last edited:
TS
M

mara12

Booting up
Skier
In any case after days of stress over sizing I ordered the 172cm and
c'est la vie, hopefully It'll be fun and I won't find them limiting long term! Thank you all.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Late but allow me to validate. On my 3rd pair of enforcers. I’m 6,0” 190 lbs my daily driver is the E88 in 179. Also have the Enforcer 104 free @ 186 for when it’s fresh. The 88s replaced previous version 100s which were also great. You picked the right one at the right size IMHO.

brian avery

Skiing - Let's Do This!
Skier
Late but allow me to validate. On my 3rd pair of enforcers. I’m 6,0” 190 lbs my daily driver is the E88 in 179. Also have the Enforcer 104 free @ 186 for when it’s fresh. The 88s replaced previous version 100s which were also great. You picked the right one at the right size IMHO.
I am the same size as you at 6,0" and similar weight at 185. I just wanted to ask if you were going to purchase Enforcer 94's would you stick with the 179 length like your E88's or would you move up to 186 length?

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
A
I am the same size as you at 6,0" and similar weight at 185. I just wanted to ask if you were going to purchase Enforcer 94's would you stick with the 179 length like your E88's or would you move up to 186 length?
Assuming the rocker profile is similar to the 88s def 179. That’s my preference though, a little shorter for more agility in trees, bumps etc. I think the 88 and 94 are very similar but would recommend you check and also think hard about how you want to ski them. Hard to go wrong either way though.

TS
M

mara12

Booting up
Skier
@brian avery

The profiles are very similar there's only a 3cm reduction in the sidecut length, so I'm assuming in this case that 179cm would be similar.

1638237292466.png

hespeler

Putting on skis
Skier

The new 100 is more ski than the outgoing model? Even with the carbon and lighter "swingweight?" Swingweight is the term I've seen on some of the reviews so I'm quoting those - it's not my term.

I did read on Blister that the new 94 is actually heavier than the old. Guess it's the same with the 100.

Curious to know why you think it's more ski as I haven't had a chance to ski it yet.

Would you recommend sizing down on the new 100?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The new 100 is more ski than the outgoing model? Even with the carbon and lighter "swingweight?" Swingweight is the term I've seen on some of the reviews so I'm quoting those - it's not my term.

I did read on Blister that the new 94 is actually heavier than the old. Guess it's the same with the 100.

Curious to know why you think it's more ski as I haven't had a chance to ski it yet.

Would you recommend sizing down on the new 100?
Lighter in swing weight on the 94 and 100 due to their True Tip but both are around 100-150gr heavier overall than the older versions and the flex has stiffen up in the tails(especially on the 100) vs the older 93 and 100. So they “ski lighter” even though they are actually heavier. That weight does nothing but improve performance when things get rough though.

So the 100(and to a lesser degree, the 94) is less forgiving of mistakes due to their stiffer flex in the tails than the older versions. Still very similar feel but just a bit more substantial now. Still not a demanding ski, just not as easy as the old 100 was.

Don’t think I’d usually size down vs the older models unless they found a certain size “too much ski” and the size down was not enough. The new versions in that shorter length might be a perfect fit for them now.
Length options changed a bit so sometimes just going to the current 179cm vs the old 177cm might be a bigger upgrade than you’d think for the small increase in length with the changed rocker profiles.

hespeler

Putting on skis
Skier
Lighter in swing weight on the 94 and 100 due to their True Tip but both are around 100-150gr heavier overall than the older versions and the flex has stiffen up in the tails(especially on the 100) vs the older 93 and 100. So they “ski lighter” even though they are actually heavier. That weight does nothing but improve performance when things get rough though.

So the 100(and to a lesser degree, the 94) is less forgiving of mistakes due to their stiffer flex in the tails than the older versions. Still very similar feel but just a bit more substantial now. Still not a demanding ski, just not as easy as the old 100 was.

Don’t think I’d usually size down vs the older models unless they found a certain size “too much ski” and the size down was not enough. The new versions in that shorter length might be a perfect fit for them now.
Length options changed a bit so sometimes just going to the current 179cm vs the old 177cm might be a bigger upgrade than you’d think for the small increase in length with the changed rocker profiles.
So then as an Enforcer guru, do you think it’s worth the upgrade from the previous model if the previous still has some life left?

I like my skis on the easy side but to be substantial when need be. Will trade some ease for that.

Hard to imagine a smoother ski than the OG Enforcer. Nothing really bothered it but I can see the added weight as a plus.

I have some OG 100s I’m considering re-mounting in 185. I’ll primarily ski them out West. Though it’s crossed my mind to sell them and look to the new version in a 179 for the East. The stiffer tails for Eastern hard pack and shorter length for bumps and trees but still capable out West.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
So then as an Enforcer guru, do you think it’s worth the upgrade from the previous model if the previous still has some life left?

I like my skis on the easy side but to be substantial when need be. Will trade some ease for that.

Hard to imagine a smoother ski than the OG Enforcer. Nothing really bothered it but I can see the added weight as a plus.

I have some OG 100s I’m considering re-mounting in 185. I’ll primarily ski them out West. Though it’s crossed my mind to sell them and look to the new version in a 179 for the East. The stiffer tails for Eastern hard pack and shorter length for bumps and trees but still capable out West.
Sounds like you’d be fine on a new 186cm Enforcer 100 if you’re not finding the current one “too much” in that length. Going shorter in the new one would possibly be a step back as you lose surface area for float, get a shorter turning radius which make it less stable at higher speed and the weight in the 179cm might actually a hair under the current 185cm.
Again, the new 100 isn’t a super demanding now, it’s just not the ski you could put those just starting out on like you could with the old 100.

So, you have a pair of the old ones right now still? Just wondering why they need to be remounted and how many days are on them?

The new would give you a noticeable improvement all around over the mountain in the east or west. The only issue is this is not the greatest time to buy new gear unless you can find 21 versions on deals which I doubt you can by now.
I’d maybe use the existing ones till next Spring and grab some 40% deals on the 21/22 versions. Keep your old ones as rock skis or keep them till next fall to get more money on resale.

Sponsor