• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Desperately need last minute advice on Enforcer models

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
I have some OG 100s I’m considering re-mounting in 185. I’ll primarily ski them out West. Though it’s crossed my mind to sell them and look to the new version in a 179 for the East.
I did this very thing - swapped OG 100's in, uh, can't remember length TBH, for the new 88's in 179 and the 104 Free in 186. Great, great combo for me. 88's are great all over but I am looking for a replacement ice skate for home (SouthEast).

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
OpenSnow shows that tomorrow (Wednesday) at Killington there is expected to be WSW winds 25-35mph, with gusts up to 65mph. Thursday shows as being even windier, SSW gusts up to 80. Neither sounds great, but it brings up a question.
What are the best and worst wind directions for Killington?
Thanks!

So then as an Enforcer guru, do you think it’s worth the upgrade from the previous model if the previous still has some life left?

I like my skis on the easy side but to be substantial when need be. Will trade some ease for that.

Hard to imagine a smoother ski than the OG Enforcer. Nothing really bothered it but I can see the added weight as a plus.

I have some OG 100s I’m considering re-mounting in 185. I’ll primarily ski them out West. Though it’s crossed my mind to sell them and look to the new version in a 179 for the East. The stiffer tails for Eastern hard pack and shorter length for bumps and trees but still capable out West.
@Philpug says the Blossom Pure 99 is very much like the OG Enforcer if that's what you're looking for. Comes in 178 and 188. I have 2 pairs of Blossoms and they're built really nice and ski smooth. Pure 99 on my radar and I have experience on the newer Enforcers which are also very nice, but more rocker and taper than the more trad Blossoms.

hespeler

Putting on skis
Skier
Sounds like you’d be fine on a new 186cm Enforcer 100 if you’re not finding the current one “too much” in that length. Going shorter in the new one would possibly be a step back as you lose surface area for float, get a shorter turning radius which make it less stable at higher speed and the weight in the 179cm might actually a hair under the current 185cm.
Again, the new 100 isn’t a super demanding now, it’s just not the ski you could put those just starting out on like you could with the old 100.

So, you have a pair of the old ones right now still? Just wondering why they need to be remounted and how many days are on them?

The new would give you a noticeable improvement all around over the mountain in the east or west. The only issue is this is not the greatest time to buy new gear unless you can find 21 versions on deals which I doubt you can by now.
I’d maybe use the existing ones till next Spring and grab some 40% deals on the 21/22 versions. Keep your old ones as rock skis or keep them till next fall to get more money on resale.
They have a lot of life left. Probably only 15 days or so on them.

It really was just an excuse to try a new ski. I was skiing at Mad River Glen on the Enforcers and was having a great time, enjoying the Enforcers as usual. I then went into one or two tree runs and watched my friend, who is a bigger and a better skier then me slink his way through on shorter, lighter skis than I was using. I skied the trees fine but started thinking what if I could ski something a little less demanding at slow speeds (not that the Enforcers were that demanding to begin with).

Enter the Blizzard Rustler 10 in a 180 that I bought the following season and mounted with the bindings from the Enforcers. The Blizzards have been fun and have made for some easier all-day bump and tree skiing at the expense of some carving ability but still not too bad.

We've been fortunate enough to get to Telluride for the last few years and we're going again this year. I have the Enforcer 110 also and have brought that out the last two years, which luckily, was a good choice with plenty of new snow and powder around. But the 110 is usually too much for the one week we're out there so I'm thinking of getting new bindings to re-mount the 100. I don't think the Rustlers are enough ski for the more wide-open skiing I'll be doing.

I know, sounds like I have it covered by what I have already but you know how fun it is to get new skis...

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
They have a lot of life left. Probably only 15 days or so on them.

It really was just an excuse to try a new ski. I was skiing at Mad River Glen on the Enforcers and was having a great time, enjoying the Enforcers as usual. I then went into one or two tree runs and watched my friend, who is a bigger and a better skier then me slink his way through on shorter, lighter skis than I was using. I skied the trees fine but started thinking what if I could ski something a little less demanding at slow speeds (not that the Enforcers were that demanding to begin with).

Enter the Blizzard Rustler 10 in a 180 that I bought the following season and mounted with the bindings from the Enforcers. The Blizzards have been fun and have made for some easier all-day bump and tree skiing at the expense of some carving ability but still not too bad.

We've been fortunate enough to get to Telluride for the last few years and we're going again this year. I have the Enforcer 110 also and have brought that out the last two years, which luckily, was a good choice with plenty of new snow and powder around. But the 110 is usually too much for the one week we're out there so I'm thinking of getting new bindings to re-mount the 100. I don't think the Rustlers are enough ski for the more wide-open skiing I'll be doing.

I know, sounds like I have it covered by what I have already but you know how fun it is to get new skis...
Knowing you have the Enforcer 110s now so float isn’t quite as important on these skis I have a ski that will out carve your Enforcers or Rustler 10s, yet be more stable at speed, quieter on the snow and better through crud.

It’s the 2021 Faction CT 2.0 that’s similar to a narrower Enforcer 104 with less rocker and less tip/tail taper so edge grip is great still. The 183cm length, more forward mount and twin tail makes it ski in bumps like a shorter ski. Solid flex tip to tail but more forgiving that you’d think from flexing it. Longer turning radius(20m) so it’s likes going fast much more than even a 191cm Enforcer.

It’s 102mm wide but the tip is narrower than an Enforcer 100 so it doesn’t ski as wide as it’s specs so that’s why float isn’t great. So you could use the same bindings on them and sell the Enforcer 100 and Rustler 10.
The 22 versions of this ski are much lighter so you want the 2021 ones and just saw yesterday that there are US places still with stock for $499 US. Mount these -3cm from their marked freestyle line and it would be perfect for your use.

Here’s a picture of an 186cm Enforcer 104 to the left of a pair of 183cm CT 2.0 skis. Notice the lack of taper on the tips and tails(like a wide GS ski) on the CT 2.0. The CT 2.0 replaced that Enforcer, the Fisher Ranger 102 FR and a Menace 98 as it’s a mix of those 3 skis.

AA061336-B7BD-414C-B631-284E84BB8C20.jpeg

hespeler

Putting on skis
Skier
Knowing you have the Enforcer 110s now so float isn’t quite as important on these skis I have a ski that will out carve your Enforcers or Rustler 10s, yet be more stable at speed, quieter on the snow and better through crud.

It’s the 2021 Faction CT 2.0 that’s similar to a narrower Enforcer 104 with less rocker and less tip/tail taper so edge grip is great still. The 183cm length, more forward mount and twin tail makes it ski in bumps like a shorter ski. Solid flex tip to tail but more forgiving that you’d think from flexing it. Longer turning radius(20m) so it’s likes going fast much more than even a 191cm Enforcer.

It’s 102mm wide but the tip is narrower than an Enforcer 100 so it doesn’t ski as wide as it’s specs so that’s why float isn’t great. So you could use the same bindings on them and sell the Enforcer 100 and Rustler 10.
The 22 versions of this ski are much lighter so you want the 2021 ones and just saw yesterday that there are US places still with stock for $499 US. Mount these -3cm from their marked freestyle line and it would be perfect for your use.

Here’s a picture of an 186cm Enforcer 104 to the left of a pair of 183cm CT 2.0 skis. Notice the lack of taper on the tips and tails(like a wide GS ski) on the CT 2.0. The CT 2.0 replaced that Enforcer, the Fisher Ranger 102 FR and a Menace 98 as it’s a mix of those 3 skis.

View attachment 150014
Wow some great advice there! Do you mean perfect for both East and West?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Wow some great advice there! Do you mean perfect for both East and West?
Where you’d use an Enforcer 94 or 100. Soft snow/afternoon crud in the East and Daily driver in the west. I’m going to take either my 183cm or 188cm CT 2.0 and a powder ski on trips out west. Will get to try my new 188cm CT 2.0 versions out tomorrow I hope.
Used my 183cm CT 2.0 more than my kendo 88 here in the east as it was so good even on firm snow.

Also a narrower 183 CT 1.0(92mm) with the same construction and a touch stiffer flex and those are on for $429.99 at Skis.com right now. Will try those out tomorrow too but should be a narrower CT 2.0 with a touch less rocker.

vertlook

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Probably too late, but for what it worth, lengthwise - enforcer 104 skis a lot shorter than Bonafide. I switched last year from Bonafide 180 to Enforcer 104 187 and it feels about the same lengthwise.

Sponsor

Staff online