• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DIN Formula and Calculator Verification

DerKommissar

Getting on the lift
Skier
It won't work for me. Must be some browser issues. Tried two browsers, neither worked. Can use the mechanics one just fine. And, it returned the DIN expected, which was sort of nice as the DIN I've been using was from 30 pounds ago and I used it 20 pounds higher, too. Apparently it'll be good all the way down to my goal weight.
Same- did not work on safari, chrome, or edge on Mac. Drop down boxes won't drop down.

TS
T

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

DerKommissar

Getting on the lift
Skier
It's back. While I'm here, I'm right on the lower edge of many of these categories- I'm 49, 178 Lbs, 315 bsl, and 6'1". I put myself down as advanced because I can ski steeps, but I don't get a lot of chance to do so. 8.5 seems like a stretch to me, which is what my tech put my bindings at on a set of skis I recently mounted. I'm thinking I'd like to bring it down to 8 or 7.5 even. Thoughts? And is it ok if I do that myself and not bring them back in for release testing?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
My din is supposed to be 7.5. I do 6.5. No pre release issues. The din chart is a guideline and a litigation limiter. There is no need to have them tested if you're comfortable with it.

Sponsor

Staff online