• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Disappointing News About The Fischer Curv GT

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
The Fischer RC4 The Curv GT was the front side ski that I was going to buy this year. Not anymore.
From Powder 7:
"Hi Scott,
Thanks for reaching out! It doesn't look like we have any of the Fischer RC 4 The Curv GT skis on our preseason order. Also, after looking at Fischer's website it doesn't look like they have any in stock so we wouldn't be able to special order one either."

It makes me wonder if any (or how many) factories are going to experience the same problem this year. But maybe this is just a one off. I hope so.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hmmm, that's now how I understand it.
I'll double check.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
...it doesn't look like they have any in stock so we wouldn't be able to special order one either."
This will be an industry wide problem. If you cannot find what you are looking for on the shelves, do NOT expect to be able to special order it. I have been told this by numerous manufactures. Will there be soem exceptions, I am sure but the norm will be that there will NOT be any extra inventory/backstock.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Fischer RC4 The Curv GT was the front side ski that I was going to buy this year. Not anymore.
There has to be shops that did order them, and some might even have some them from last year since it is a complete carryover. I am sure the core sizes, 170, 175, 180 are going to be the toughest to find. I bet @SkiEssentials ordered them.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
From Powder 7:
"Hi Scott,
Thanks for reaching out! It doesn't look like we have any of the Fischer RC 4 The Curv GT skis on our preseason order. Also, after looking at Fischer's website it doesn't look like they have any in stock so we wouldn't be able to special order one either."

It makes me wonder if any (or how many) factories are going to experience the same problem this year. But maybe this is just a one off. I hope so.

I can also check in with Fischer when I get back to the office August 1st but I’m sure we can get one. They definitely still have it in the line though as it was on my demo list.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
It's definitely still in the line. Here in Europe, availability is an issue too, at the moment. But they're producing new runs, as the many facebook photos imply.

TS
Scotty I.

Scotty I.

Skier
I have to believe that Powder 7 would have ordered them if there was availability at the factory. I think this ski answers a lot of questions for a lot of people so I would be surprised if they didn't order it because it's not popular. The Ski Monster in Boston seem to be proponents of this ski. I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow and see what's up.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have to believe that Powder 7 would have ordered them if there was availability at the factory. I think this ski answers a lot of questions for a lot of people so I would be surprised if they didn't order it because it's not popular. The Ski Monster in Boston seem to be proponents of this ski. I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow and see what's up.
Look where is Powder7 located (West) and where is SkiMonster located (Northeast) and while both of these companies have an online presence, the are still brick and mortar and need to focus on who is walking in the door.

TS
Scotty I.

Scotty I.

Skier

James

Out There
Instructor
Last years, 168cm

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
This will be an industry wide problem. If you cannot find what you are looking for on the shelves, do NOT expect to be able to special order it. I have been told this by numerous manufactures. Will there be soem exceptions, I am sure but the norm will be that there will NOT be any extra inventory/backstock.

I expect they'll put customer service and warranty situations at the top of the list. Doesn't have to be a defective product could be a shop mount mistake too. If they need to replace one for a customer stat that will take priority.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Remember too, Fischer had a significant fire in their Ukraine facility a little over a year ago and it is probably safe to assume that while facility might not be in the war zone, they could have lost some of their workers to the cause. While the Curv GT is not produced in that facility, volume skis are. Very well some of that production could have moved and since the Curv GT might be a halo ski, it is not a volume ski and it's production might be put on the back burner so they can produce skis that might out sell it 5:1. Is this what is happening? Not sure but it is a possibility.

TS
Scotty I.

Scotty I.

Skier
Remember too, Fischer had a significant fire in their Ukraine facility a little over a year ago and it is probably safe to assume that while facility might not be in the war zone, they could have lost some of their workers to the cause. While the Curv GT is not produced in that facility, volume skis are. Very well some of that production could have moved and since the Curv GT might be a halo ski, it is not a volume ski and it's production might be put on the back burner so they can produce skis that might out sell it 5:1. Is this what is happening? Not sure but it is a possibility.
Good points all.

James

Out There
Instructor
A5939B41-E3AC-442A-8402-06BFFF78725E.jpeg

Time for a new tag line?

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Did you notice any Fischer SL skis without the hole last season? Made by Head.

Sponsor