• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ditch the poles

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I miss skiing without poles when our kiddos were younger. Until they were ready for poles, I skied without them too. Hard to make a case otherwise. It was good for my skiing to spend that much time without poles.

I'll sometimes still ski without poles, often so I can record with my phone when I don't have my GoPro.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Believe it or not, I have a video of no poles, unbuckled boots, and skiing bumps. :roflmao:

See the unbuckled boots at 1:06. It's not steep, and no trees, so there is still work to be done. :ogbiggrin:

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
I used to be paranoid of skiing without ski poles; I thought I would jinx myself real bad. I even rented poles when I had forgotten mine at home. It was all in my head, but the placebo effect is effective a significant proportion of the time. Then one day I broke my right radius and found it too uncomfortable to grip a pole in that hand.
I broke my right radius in a motorcycle crash. I lowsided my Ducati MultiStrada and landed with my right arm extended. My buddy said " Some Ducs don't fly!" Always a comedian.
4 months off work and hours and hours of PT. I don't wish that on anyone :(