• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Do graphics really matter? For real, do they?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yes.

2012-06-26_11-09-36_619 Splitkein Flexible Flyer.jpg 2014-01-21_12-16-21_957.jpg 2014-02-03_09-42-26_27_montage.jpg 20160428_093431.jpg 20170821_165707_Huckleberry Grn-1.jpg 20171012_102204.jpg Elan Quad One.jpg rossis 4108.JPG

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I always thought the ladies' VMT from Liberty was a really nice looking ski. Top sheets do matter, however. I should have looked at them more closely when I grabbed them out of @Philpug's garage this morning. Turns out that in a dark garage the men's and women's look very similar! They are a bit short but they work.
20191205_104518.jpg

Last edited:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Snow skis need to be visible. Finding a fluorescent ski that has come off on a powder day is much easier than finding a white one.

Get the hot pink ones, they could save your life.

James

Out There
Instructor
Get the hot pink ones, they could save your life.

Wow! Very lucky.
Hobacks
Everytime I hear Hobacks, I think of @SkiNurse . We’re driving into Jackson. Someone points out the Hobacks. She proceeds to say how much she hates them, then continues mumbling and cursing about the Hobacks seemingly till the car stops and we all get out.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
If I were to ever buy a real boutique expensive ski, it better have nice graphics.

Otherwise, I prefer nice graphics but not a necessity for me on a mainstream ski that performs how I like.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've always thought Templar skis graphics were outstanding... and sure to make me a better skier.... if I ever needed a ski that wide...

1575638876937.png

And look at the base graphics here! (Couldn't find a real pic, just the illustration from the website)

1575638905359.png

Last edited:

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A ski doesn't have to be beautiful for me to buy it, but it does help; I won't buy a truly ugly or offensive ski. There were lots of skull type graphics that I would never buy and I really hated the original VJJs. Before anybody goes off on me about that - my cousin has worked for Armada for years and, yes, I know a woman designed those graphics. They were still too ugly for me.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ I felt the same way about my Hippie Stinx.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
My husband USED TO ski. He liked, but refused to buy, the K2 Public Enemy because of the graphics. (Was not amused.)

I would never buy skis with flowers or boobalicious women on them. Which has eliminated a fair number of skis back when I weighed less. Now I don't even consider women's skis. But I have owned skis with some kind of ugly bullet camo pattern on them, the Fischer Weapon. They were very odd skis that I loved at the time. Looked like straight skinny skis in front and had these very wide tails. I got them free from a guy that owned a ski shop, but I loved them.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I always tell people to do this, if they don't like the color.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
At least the color could matter if you loose your ski in the snow. What colors are best for ski finding?

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I always tell people to do this, if they don't like the color.

I've never seen these - LOVE them!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January