• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Do I have to carve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_Ease_3051

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
And Bodie. I know Bodie.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It's not disrespectful calling an internet female stranger a chick. Don't assume us rec skiers know about or give a damn about personalities in the racing world. Or give a damn about racing.

I know Herminator and Vonn and the gal who lost in Beijing and Marcel. THAT'S IT. And believe me, I already know more than the average skier, who know nothing about racers. Or undertand the format (like what's the difference between SL and GS and downhill and super G).

And I have given this internet stranger female chick skier the props due to her. I recognised that she's an awesome skier. I concurred that she's a skiing goddess. That's respect, skiing wise anyway.
You are completely missing the point. Calling a female a chick is a term that has mostly been used to objectify women. It comes across as offensive. Please don’t assume that you understand what is respectful or disrespectful, on the internet or anywhere. You already got one response that indicted it was indeed disrespectful, and rather than acknowledge the response and adapt, you rationalized your statements.

BTW, so is Goddess. While well-intentioned, it still signifies someone who is younger and judged as attractive by men, rather than someone who has develop their skills or craft to a high degree.

You could have said “that very skilled individual who has clearly put in a lot of time, energy, passion, and more than anything, practice, and who I aspire to emulate.”

Rich_Ease_3051

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
You are completely missing the point. Calling a female a chick is a term that has mostly been used to objectify women. It comes across as offensive. Please don’t assume that you understand what is respectful or disrespectful, on the internet or anywhere. You already got one response that indicted it was indeed disrespectful, and rather than acknowledge the response and adapt, you rationalized your statements.

BTW, so is Goddess. While well-intentioned, it still signifies someone who is younger and judged as attractive by men, rather than someone who has develop their skills or craft to a high degree.

You could have said “that very skilled individual who has clearly put in a lot of time, energy, passion, and more than anything, practice, and who I aspire to emulate.”
LOL.

We are now surrounded and swarmed by the PC police.

Expect more reinforcements on the way.

Rich_Ease_3051

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
And just to be perfectly clear, I am in complete concurrence that I am objectifying her. Literally.

Because what I'm looking at are just moving pixels on a screen. Literally an object. Or objects (pixels).

Sure there's a person somewhere in the world behind this moving image that I'm watching. But I don't know anything about the person behind this moving image, enough to give her respect.

Is she nice to her boyfriend? Maybe she berates him all the time. Does she love her parents? Maybe she's an ungrateful little brat who doesn't appreciate that mummy and daddy spent all this money to get her into ski school. Does she cuddle puppies? Maybe she likes to kick them to the curb.

Does she even have a boyfriend or parents (maybe she's an orphan) or puppies in the first place?

Point is, I don't have to do background research on every person I see on YouTube or the internet to evaluate if they're worthy of respect as a person or not. That's just impractical bro.

Last edited:

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
And just to be perfectly clear, I am in complete concurrence that I am objectifying her. Literally.

Because what I'm looking at are just moving pixels on a screen. Literally an object. Or objects (pixels).

Sure there's a person somewhere in the world behind this moving image that I'm watching. But I don't know anything about the person behind this moving image, enough to give her respect.

Is she nice to her boyfriend? Maybe she berates him all the time. Does she love her parents? Maybe she's an ungrateful little brat who doesn't appreciate that mummy and daddy spent all this money to get her into ski school. Does she cuddle puppies? Maybe she likes to kick them to the curb.

Does she even have a boyfriend or parents (maybe she's an orphan) or puppies in the first place?

Point is, I don't have to do background research on every person I see on YouTube or the internet to evaluate if they're worthy of respect as a person or not. That's just impractical bro.
Google is your friend, bro.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
@Rich_Ease_3051, verbal swagger doesn't go over well here. Your knowledge about skiing is does not come across as extensive. Your attitude towards talking with knowledgeable members of this forum is abrasive. And then there's the name-dropping - not cool.

Whatever you want to accomplish in this thread is not happening, unless it's to disrupt the civility we strive to maintain. How old are you?

Last edited:

Rich_Ease_3051

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
Imagine calling a term of endearment ("chick") an insult.

Imagine thinking that ALL 4 billion females, many of whom are unattractive and bereft of male attention and would want nothing more than be complemented as one, would feel insulted at being called a chick.

Imagine forcing your questionable system of language and morality on the rest of humanity so that they begin speaking like the robots in this video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online