• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Do most skiers use the wrong skis

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
I won’t say which town or shop but I was in a Southern/Central VT ski shop to just check out what they had on the wall. DPS is one of their brands and shop owner comes at me with the hard sell on 112 RPs and says they are the perfect east coast ski and great carvers. I stop in there because they carry some unique brands but man that guy rubs me the wrong way. I like fattys with the best of them but give me a break….

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Crap reviews in the magazines. They won't call a ski bad, just won't put it on their list, and one never knows whether they even tested it or not.
It's tough. There are very few bad skis in the market right now. Agree that most ski reviews could do a much better job in describing the limitations or what a ski doesn't do as well.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
There are very few bad skis in the market right now
But many wrong ones. I'm sure there are lots of very good FIS skis but not for me!

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
I went through this phase - and came out the other end looking for skis with STRONG personality.
I can really appreciate this evolution in your thinking. I feel as though I've arrived at those same crossroads.

Sponsor

Staff online