• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Do not loose your Mobile device on the hill again

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I avoid the phone while skiing, but I take fewer photos than I would like. I was hoping this would improve with my new gadget. I'll try clipping it on, as suggested. Around the neck just didn't work.

And for safety's sake, too. I keep it inside my coat so it seems unlikely to strangle me on the lift, but no harm in making sure.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
I have been thinking about getting one for years - just acted on it as well. I have the iPhone 13 Pro and while I know I will need to adjust the harness to take pictures, the peace of mind is totally worth it. I don't often take my phone out on the lift, but it would be just like me to have a phone SNAFU if I did.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been thinking about getting one for years - just acted on it as well. I have the iPhone 13 Pro and while I know I will need to adjust the harness to take pictures, the peace of mind is totally worth it. I don't often take my phone out on the lift, but it would be just like me to have a phone SNAFU if I did.

I have the same phone and you can adjust the corner of the harness to not cover the camera at all. The rubber is pretty thick and stretching it in an odd way doesn't appear to stress it at all. I had mine stretched so the top corners weren't symmetrical on the phone and that keeps it off the lenses.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
While I love the idea of leaving my phone off during the day, the realities of coordinating with a wife and teenagers on the mountain means they are required.
And my phone is my camera....

Reactions: ejj

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I should probably figure something out to attach my phone to me. I take quite a few photos from the lift. It would also be good insurance from dropping it in deep snow.

Sponsor

Staff online