• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Does anyone have a set of X-step plates not being used?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Specifically looking for a pair with the long 4-screw cross shaped rear hole pattern.

Alu preferred, will take plastic/resin.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Is that the old Nordica plate?

Don't think so. The mounting pattern is similar to the old WC Air.

100327_Vist-World-Cup-Air.jpg

Skistaff

speed limit
Skier
I have wc race plates from Fischer for sale. What exactly are you looking to achieve and on what ski are you going to install the plate ?

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I am looking to complete a Stockli hypercarver setup from the mid-2000s. The lifters that are already mounted on the ski have factory inserts for the plate shown above.

Skistaff

speed limit
Skier
You need to complete the setup to put them in a museum or to ski them ?

COtoTX

Booting up
Skier
I don’t think Sterling custom skis are still around but that looks like the old Vist plate that they had on some of their skis. Owner at one time had a shop in Boulder, CO. Possibly find a pair of Sterling skis if can’t find unmounted plate

Skistaff

speed limit
Skier
It doesn’t matter. I just wonder why you want to invest in dead skis from the mid 2000.

James

Out There
Instructor
Is this for the tandem ski?

You try Colorado Discount skis?

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Is this for the tandem ski?

No - I think I have a different way forward for that one.

This is for something else. Remember Tyrolia's high lift plates and Dragon brakes? Like that, except by Vist and strap connected to eliminate flex effect.

You try Colorado Discount skis?

First thing - but the front half is not right on the stuff they have. @COtoTX is actually on the right track - this was put on premium skis - except the ones I've seen in the wild were actually mounted on Bomber.

It doesn’t matter. I just wonder why you want to invest in dead skis from the mid 2000.

:huh: Keeps me from drinking? We all need a hobby, especially now.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
I bet you could trade a few N95’s for that plate.

Makes me think I should get out on the Elan Psx carvers. Early 2000’s. Oh right, can’t go out...

I had the whole set. 113cm, 123cm, 133cm.
Then a friend borrowing the 133’s didn’t pay attention getting off the fixed grip lift. Caught the ski underneath, fell down. The ski was cracked longitudinally in the shovel. All the way to the ptex.

Skistaff

speed limit
Skier
No - I think I have a different way forward for that one.

This is for something else. Remember Tyrolia's high lift plates and Dragon brakes? Like that, except by Vist and strap connected to eliminate flex effect.

First thing - but the front half is not right on the stuff they have. @COtoTX is actually on the right track - this was put on premium skis - except the ones I've seen in the wild were actually mounted on Bomber.

:huh: Keeps me from drinking? We all need a hobby, especially now.
Makes sense.

Sponsor