• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Does Rotobrush Length Need to Match Handle Length?

DoggParadox

Booting up
Skier
I'm wondering if the length of a RotoBrush needs to or benefits from matching the length of the RotoBrush handle?

I assume I can't use a 140mm brush on a 100mm handle, but is there a downside to using a 100mm brush on a 140mm handle? Would I need to add spacers or anything to keep it snugged up?

Can't find roto gear locally to test it out sadly so trying to get it figured out to put in an online order.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would try it but I think it will wander left & right. Maybe some sort of set screw on the shaft?

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It works OK. One of my rotobrush shafts is a"double" and I have used a single 140 on it without issue. It doesn't really move on the shaft because it is in contact with the ski

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
My son gave me a combo brush kit with a longer shaft a few years back but the brushes were to short to be effective for me. I wanted to use 100mm brushes. Problem was simply solved. I went to the local hardware store and bought a 1/2" shaft collar with a set screw to hold it in place. See the photo.

Karl

Attachments

• rotobrush shaft.jpg
    rotobrush shaft.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 18

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
140mm works fine for single brush. With wider skis it actually works better then 100mm, as you don't hit ski with handle (at least this goes for Swix). No spacers or anything needed.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January