• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Does the camera add 10mph too?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
As I sit in the kitchen on the computer because the air is too yucky to ride, I find myself looking at SURPRISE! Youtube. This one blows me away, as I'm sure many others will. First time at Whistler and a broken rib to boot. Granted, he's a world class rider but still...

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yeah that's pretty insane :) The train at the end reminded me of one of the snowboard parks at MT Hood. The mad positioning before the lift line maze.
I have a late 80's Nishiki Aerial hardtail and a mid 90's Trek. Neither would be suitable for this!

Last edited:

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Whistler now gets more bikers than skiers. Summer has become the busy time of the year.
That crowd at the bottom of the ride looks a lot sketchier than a groomer to valley.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
The sense of bouncing adds speed. I remember back in the 90s riding a gravelly dirt road downhill on road racing bikes with what we thought were "wide" tires - 25 or 28s. It seemed so hectic and fast. Then one day we put a computer on one of our bikes and found out we were going 12mph on that section. LOL. Good times.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January