• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Dollar Mountain Description

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
It has been Sun Valley's beginners hill for a very VERY long time.
Does Dollar still have one of the old single chairs on it? It used to be where they held the Pro Races back in the day.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm... a Google search for "low grade groomers" brings up things like this... but I don't think it's what they meant either...

1700512366442.png

1700512380238.png

Frankly, those look pretty high grade to me.

TS
Bill Miles

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does Dollar still have one of the old single chairs on it? It used to be where they held the Pro Races back in the day.
I had to research it, but I think there are the remains of one on Proctor Mountain, north of dollar. Proctor not used for a very long time.

bpratt

Putting on skis
Skier
I believe Half Dollar is still a double, and Elkhorn is a triple. But I haven't skied over there since my kids were learning, and they both moved to Baldy 10+ years ago. It says something about Sun Valley that the beginner hill has 2 high speed quads :)

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I believe Half Dollar is still a double, and Elkhorn is a triple. But I haven't skied over there since my kids were learning, and they both moved to Baldy 10+ years ago. It says something about Sun Valley that the beginner hill has 2 high speed quads :)
Doubt they would still run a single but SV is strong on sharing their history and wondered if they might have kept some of the towers up.
One of their old singles still operates in Cordova, AK. About 100 miles east of Valdez. They probably have iffy grooming too.

TS
Bill Miles

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Posted before, I think, but in front of one of the local motels/lodges that has been converted to some sort of transient housing:
Single Chair.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid