• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Don't Try This. Common Gear Handing Mistakes

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It took me forever to figure out what the loop at the end of the middle finger on climbing/skiing gloves were for!
Finger Loop, really, :huh: Ok just checked all of my gloves, I have many, only found the feature on my Marmot 8000 Meter Mitt ... Nice! :cool:

shopping-1.png

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It took me forever to figure out what the loop at the end of the middle finger on climbing/skiing gloves were for!
What's it for?

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
A good coat of rain-x and a set of Bosch Icon wipers makes this mostly unnecessary, at least on my truck. YMMV.
Spend anytime in the PNW. The Rime ice is like liquid cement. No bueno.
20131221_101439.jpg

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
MidAtlantic/Southeast often brings sleet before snow as well. Wipers up!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Finger Loop, really, :huh: Ok just checked all of my gloves, I have many, only found the feature on my Marmot 8000 Meter Mitt ... Nice! :cool:

View attachment 155439
We were informed about the loop in a Hestra clinic.
They are to clip a carabiner to the loop if you have to take your mittens/gloves off to work on something to keep the cuff side down so you don't get snow in them.
This was due to input by ski patrollers in a focus group.

James

Out There
Instructor
Base layers should be above the boot, the only thing you want in the boot is your foot and a sock.
Maybe. Depends on how well the bottom cinches down. Plus then there’s the base layer-sock gap that some can’t stand with 3/4 bases. Like @SBrown
Manufacturers certainly don’t follow this rule. Takes more work to find a base layer in 3/4 length and many don’t make them.

Sponsor