• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Drinking the Kool-Aid

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Subaru (I'm on my 11th Subie)
Patagonia
Clark's Shoes

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
CalCru Coolmax t-shirts
Made in USA (NC to be exact) and they are the most durable shirts ever. I received 3 volunteering for USFS in 2004 and today they almost look new. I then a couple years later I bought 5 or 6 more because they are that good and I wear one almost every day (right now in fact). Also works great 4 skiing as a light weight base layer or a 2nd layer for a bit of extra core warmth.

With so much cheap, poorly made clothing flooding the market from overseas that gets thrown away quickly, I really like supporting a company that makes a high quality product.

https://www.calcru.com/apw/
BTW, I’m pretty sure their website has looked the same for at least 15 years

The same sentiment goes for Darn Tough socks out of VT, but they are a much more main stream brand.
3C6DCA45-CF85-4AA5-AF2D-326E773213F2.jpeg

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Well not Kool-aide or what your thread is about haha, but this 135# thin man has become increasingly addicted to these 64 ounce cartons of sweet Kern Mango juice that contains over an ounce of added sugar for each 8 ounce serving.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Well not Kool-aide or what your thread is about haha, but this 135# thin man has become increasingly addicted to these 64 ounce cartons of sweet Kern Mango juice that contains over an ounce of added sugar for each 8 ounce serving.

That makes a great mango margarita. I used to get the 30 pack of cans. The Guava and Mango were strictly for cocktails.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
That makes a great mango margarita. I used to get the 30 pack of cans. The Guava and Mango were strictly for cocktails.
I love these sort of recommendations. I've found the Trader Joe's strawberry and mango lemonade make for a good base for margaritas. They also work with vodka for those that don't/can't drink tequila(anymore). The Q sparkling grapefruit is the best mixer for tequila I have ever had but might be hard to find.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The Q sparkling grapefruit is the best mixer for tequila I have ever had but might be hard to find.
Oooh. That looks good.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I love these sort of recommendations. I've found the Trader Joe's strawberry and mango lemonade make for a good base for margaritas. They also work with vodka for those that don't/can't drink tequila(anymore). The Q sparkling grapefruit is the best mixer for tequila I have ever had but might be hard to find.
If you can't find Q...
20211022_172320.jpg

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well it used to be 205cm or longer.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Altra sneakers - the widest ones
Keen hiking shoes, boots, and winter boots - the wide ones
LL Bean suede slippers
Eddie Bauer leggings
Svedka vodka
IPAs - Lost Nation Mosaic, Sloop Juice Bomb, Industrial Arts Wrench (VT, NY, NY)
Matchabar Matcha tea

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am drinking the kool aid and making the jump to Salomon equipment this season. My resort started a new arrangement with Salomon this season and I have purchased Stance 90 skis, STH 2 bindings and S/Pro 120 boots. I have on backorder QST Blank skis and another pair of STH 2 bindings. I got to demo the Stance 90 and QST Blank skis last spring and really liked them.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Several summers back we made frozen grapefruit margaritas. We would use the frozen concentrate grapefruit juice. Mix all the ingredients in a blender with lots of ice. It was a good way to cool down in the summer heat.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Several summers back we made frozen grapefruit margaritas. We would use the frozen concentrate grapefruit juice. Mix all the ingredients in a blender with lots of ice. It was a good way to cool down in the summer heat.
Or….it was a good way to stop caring about the summer heat. :ogcool:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
My mangoritas were the Kern's Mango, a ginger lime simple syrup and Tekillya. Making a large batch of simple syrup is easy and relieves you from needing fresh limes when you want a cocktail.

Last edited:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ooh yes 2nd Rooibos tea.
Taos Bakes Pinon Coffee bars
Zip Fit liners

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Icelandic Provisions skyr

Oh yes.

Toyota trucks
Frye boots
Lenz socks
Archies flips
Arcade belts
Expensive skis (Stöckli Kästle Renoun Augment etc)
Mountainsmith duffels and other bags
Blanton's bourbon
Apple products
Subzero refrigeration
Lee upholstery
OXO kitchen stuff

Sponsor

Staff online