• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Droppers

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Ok bikesters. Recently bought a dropper post, cable actuated, externally routed. Came already preassembled/wired up to a bar lever.

Fitted it and found was not getting all the travel back up (maybe 70mm of 125mm). Could manually pull up to top of travel. Suggested cable tension might be too tight. But I've played around with tension all the way from can't get it to drop to can't get any rebound at all to can't move the lever and still can't get it rebounding properly. Online support from the retailer suggested I need a bike shop to set it up and it should be fine. I'm not convinced and unwilling to throw good money after bad. I've watched every video I can find and no one seems to have this issue and the cable tension tweaks usually resolve things. I'm thinking the sealed air cartridge (no air port visible) may just be under pressured and I should return.

Any thoughts?

TS
fatbob

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
RSP Plummet. Possibly a Euro only brand. Raleigh Special Products for those who remember history.

This one with a bit longer travel

Last edited:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Does it have an air valve? May just need a few psi from a shock pump. Also is your seat post collar super tight. There may be a torque spec which if exceeded will let the outer tube pinch the inner.

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have heard about this issue with overly tight seat post clamp binding it. You might try loosening and retesting.

TS
fatbob

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
No air port as OP. Not overly tight. Regular QR.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Take it out. See if that fixes the problem. If not, send it back.

TS
fatbob

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Still has the same problem when not fitted to bike - going back.