• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dynamic VR17 factory Markings Info

morevert

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi,
I have a couple pairs of the early skis after Lange purchased Dynamic, but still had small VR17 labeling & Lange Label. Both pairs have a "G" stamped fwd of the Toe's. Both pairs are 207cm. One pair are 45/43 flex & other pair are 47/44. I'm thinking that the stiffness & length were the only differences between a SL & GS pair of VR17's. Was the "G" stamp recommending these pairs for GS?
I also have a 3rd pair with the large Dynamic VR17 graphics that have "231" stamped fwd of the Toe's. I assume a factory marking & if so wondering what the reason was.
See photos

Attachments

• Later VR17 with Big Graphics & 231 Mark (1).JPG
    Later VR17 with Big Graphics & 231 Mark (1).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Later VR17 with Big Graphics & 231 Mark (2).JPG
    Later VR17 with Big Graphics & 231 Mark (2).JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 14
  • VR17 early Lange G Mark (1).JPG
    VR17 early Lange G Mark (1).JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 16
  • VR17 early Lange G Mark (2).JPG
    VR17 early Lange G Mark (2).JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 15

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Hi,
I have a couple pairs of the early skis after Lange purchased Dynamic, but still had small VR17 labeling & Lange Label. Both pairs have a "G" stamped fwd of the Toe's. Both pairs are 207cm. One pair are 45/43 flex & other pair are 47/44. I'm thinking that the stiffness & length were the only differences between a SL & GS pair of VR17's. Was the "G" stamp recommending these pairs for GS?
I also have a 3rd pair with the large Dynamic VR17 graphics that have "231" stamped fwd of the Toe's. I assume a factory marking & if so wondering what the reason was.
See photos
You are probably right about the "G" being a GS ski. As far as the 231 it may be a batch number or run number. Ski 231 out of a run of 500 or something like that.

Sponsor

Staff online