• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Dynastar M-Pro 90 vs Volkl Blaze 94 vs Blizzard Rustler 9 - Skier Input - whose skied them all - what do you think?

hntjr

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
After purchasing Blizzard Brahma 92 180 last season and liking it a lot, I went on to buy Blizzard Rustler 9 188. When I did ski the Rustler 9, I thought it wanted to go straighter and not turn as much or as quick as I would have preferred. Somewhat the same with the Brahma 82 180. This year I bought both the Blizzard Rustler 9 180 and Blizzard 82 173 in an attempt to use the shorter radius, shorter length to help get the ski around faster. To my surprise neither ski has worked out well. While the Brahma 82 173 did come around quicker and was more poppy, it liked to be on held edge all the time (which was fatiguing over the course of the day). In comparison, the Brahma 82 180 was not quite as quick, but more relaxed in different turn radius and didn't need to be on edge all the time. For me, Rustler 9 180 reminded me of a pair of Dynastar Legend Pro that we very stiff and they would ski out from under me, leaving me in the back seat. I was quite surprised at this, because the Rustler 9 188 didn't do this at all.

These days I think of skis in term of hard snow skis and soft snow skis. You need a set of each for hard and soft snow conditions. The Blizzard Brahma 82 180 are my hard snow keepers. Now I need to find a good soft snow ski.

I have been intrigued with the move in the ski industry toward removing some or all metal in the construction. What the three skis listed above have in common is each has less metal in its construction. So I am curious to get forum/skier input into actual ski experience/ownership on the slopes with each and all the above skis. Unfortunately I don't do well at demo days as usually the ski model I want to demo is not available, as in the Volkl demo day did not bring the Blaze and was not a Dynastar dealer.

I'd appreciate all comments on performance: tip chatter/flutter, float, quickness in turns, rebound, versatility, etc.

A Big Thanks to all that Respond. Have a good day.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry, I have no direct input but I find the Ski-Essentials videos very informative in reviewing the annual class of skis

Here are the 2022 and 2021 comparisons of the 100mm and 90mm class of skis.
You can get an overview of the skis that interest you, then search further for full lengthy reviews either here at SkiTalk, Ski-Essentials, Blister, etc. Everyone makes a good/great ski these days, tough to find the flavour you like best :thumb:

Last edited:

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
No help with the actual question but you might want to add the new Rossignol SENDER 94 Ti to the mix. Supreme versatility, some metal but not a lot, very light, very stable and easy to ski.

Sponsor

Staff online