• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Early Season BC Skiing in the Chugach

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's always so hard to tell in these wide angle first person vids... how steep is any of that? Looks like so much fun!

TS
fatport

fatport

Getting off the lift
Skier
It's always so hard to tell in these wide angle first person vids... how steep is any of that? Looks like so much fun!
It's not that steep. I ski up there by myself, so I have to be careful. It's steeper further up, but there's also a recent natural release, and the avi forecast isn't good.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Weren't you skiing with your dog last year?
Lots of good stuff up Eagle River Valley.

TS
fatport

fatport

Getting off the lift
Skier
Weren't you skiing with your dog last year?
Lots of good stuff up Eagle River Valley.
She shows up right at the end. There's so much snow she's post-holing, so she tends to stay back and wait for me to come down. Smart dog. It's the South Fork Eagle River, but close enough. It's hard to beat right from my door.

TS
fatport

fatport

Getting off the lift
Skier
This is from mid-November of last year. It's a steeper slope that I hadn't skied before, and the angle of the GoPro isn't as wide. The thing I like about the wide angle is that it gets both the tops of the mountains and the tips of my skis. There are no ski tips in this one, and it's just raw video, no editing, including a nice wipe-out at the end.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.