• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

East Coast Demo Days 2022/2023

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From the Fey Bros - reckon @Wendy has seen this already:

The FreeHeeler's Demo Tour lineup:
Jan 23 Ragged Mtn, NH
Feb 4 Saddleback,Maine
Feb 5 Mt Abram, Maine
Feb 6 Sunday River, Maine
Feb 12 Magic Mountain,VT NorthEast Tele Fest Day 1
Feb 13 Magic Mountain, VT Day 2
Feb 25 Plattekill, NY 10th Annual Tele Fest
Feb 26 Bromley, VT Kare's Fest/Race
Feb 27 Bromley, VT Kare's Fest/Race
March 11 Mad RIver Glen, VT FreeHeel Frolic
March 12 Mad River Glen, VT FreeHeel Frolic
* More dates will be added!
Free Demos of SummitCone Tele Skis, Liberty, Elan, Atomic, Icelantic, Meidjo, 22 Designs, Bishop, Crispi, Scarpa, and Rottefella. Lessons/clinics will be available at almost every event. We have the largest traveling fleet on the planet...come get it!
Well, I’m not good enough to really be able to demo and take away something valuable. Funny thing is i’ll be missing the Saddleback and Sunday River demos by a day or two. :rolleyes:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Well, I’m not good enough to really be able to demo and take away something valuable. Funny thing is i’ll be missing the Saddleback and Sunday River demos by a day or two. :rolleyes:

Clinics and schmoozing? Personal contact counts for a lot in a tiny sport? And, besides, all of us are at a level where just watching these guys makes us that little bit better.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Clinics and schmoozing? Personal contact counts for a lot in a tiny sport? And, besides, all of us are at a level where just watching these guys makes us that little bit better.
I hear you. But I can’t change my current travel plans to accommodate the clinic dates.
I did see a guy on the mountain today with the Summitcone skis. They look sweet. Nicely made. I also spent quite a bit of time talking to another guy. I’m learning how the tele people are. And, my next door neighbors are the well known ones who rip. ogsmile
If I can get up to VT later in Feb or Mar maybe I’ll try to hit one of those events.

TS
ksampson3

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here’s my take on telemark skiers - Screw you. Every time I see one of those guys (and it’s ALWAYS guys) when I’m on the lift, I’m screaming in my head, “Isn’t skiing hard enough without having to do deep knee bends the whole way down the mountain!!!”
Why take something that’s hard enough already and add another element of difficulty to it?
Show offs.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Man, not sure what went down at Pico today but the base webcam showed several tents. Rossi, Line, Look, Armada, K2 and doh, Augment. Had to work all day. Doh, doh, doh!!!!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I wanted to bump this thread to have 2022 and 2023 Demo Days.

Does anyone have lists of Demo Days coming up for this season?

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Seriously?? Isn't 90% of the mountain closed off still?
There is terrain open on Locke, Barker, North Peak, and South Ridge.

It's always an early season demo day (used to be Thanksgiving weekend every year). It's never a powder day demo that's for sure lol. I can usually tell pretty quickly if I like or hate a ski, whether I want to stay on it or it's boring to me.. and can then usually find enough to put it through it's paces if it's one I like. Good enough for me for a demo day.

Sponsor

Staff online