• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

East Coast Demo Days 2022/2023

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Ken Jones site isn't showing any info yet, but from an email:
Demo Day is On
Catch the KJ Team along with major brands including Atomic, Black Crows, Dynastar, Elan, Fischer, Head, Rossingol, K2, Salomon and more at Waterville Valley Friday December 9th, 2022!

Demo Day Tickets are available In-Store. A select number of tickets will be available day of. When you purchase your ticket at Ken Jones you will leave with your Direct to Lift RFID valid for December 9th, 2022 and your demo day card. The demo day card allows skiers to try as many skis as they'd like throughout the day. Make sure to keep both the RFID and Demo Day Card in a safe place until Demo Day. Ken Jones is not liable for lost, or misplaced cards.

We've compiled a list of FAQs and answers. Take a look below to get all the details for this years demo day.

• What do I need to have to purchase my Demo Ticket at Ken Jones?
    • You'll need a valid form of payment, Drivers License, Height, Weight, Boot Sole Length (found here), and approximate din setting (found here).
  • If I have a Season's pass or Day Pass to Waterville Valley for Dec 9th do I still need to pay for a demo day card?
    • You do not need to pay for a Ticket, but you will need to come to Ken Jones Prior to Demo Day to fill out your Demo Day Card
  • What happens if I lose my Demo Day Card or RFID before Demo Day?
    • You will not be able to participate in Demo Day. No exceptions.
  • What if I'm buying tickets for multiple people at once?
    • Make you have all their information listed above before purchasing multiple tickets.
  • Am I able to order tickets over the phone?
    • Tickets are only available in store on a first come, first serve basis.

crosscountry

Out on the slopes
Skier
It's always an early season demo day (used to be Thanksgiving weekend every year). It's never a powder day demo that's for sure lol. I can usually tell pretty quickly if I like or hate a ski, whether I want to stay on it or it's boring to me.. and can then usually find enough to put it through it's paces if it's one I like. Good enough for me for a demo day.
My luck of getting power is...next to zero. So, I don't buy power skis. No need to demo either.

But I want my skis to handle everything else, trees, bumps, icy groomers, soft cream cheese, hero 4" on top of corduroy, and when those 4" melted and turns to slush. Of course it's not possible to have all the conditions in a single day. But demo'ing in only ONE of those condition isn't enough for me.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ragged just announced a couple of demo days:

Friday, Jan. 20: Telemark Down x Fey Brothers Ski Demo – try the latest and greatest tele skis and bindings on-snow with a lap or two down Newfound Ridge.

Sat. & Sun. Jan. 28-29: Black Crows Ski Demo x Ski Sauvage - This is your opportunity to try out Black Crow skis on the slopes of Ragged Mountain! The regional reps will be present to answer questions and get you on the best models that suit your ability and style. Pre-registration for the event is available here: www.black-crows.com/us/

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Whaleback Mtn, off I89 Exit 16 in NH, along with Omer and Bob's Ski, Tennis and Bike Shop, will be hosting a free demo day on March 4 (this Saturday) from 10 to 3. Blizzard, Elan, Nordica and Volkl. There will also be an Eastern Freestyle Tri-States event that day. Sadly, I've got a funeral to go to.

Sponsor