• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Echo Boom, tons of Ski movies

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Just a PSA, if you have Xfinity (or possibly other cable services) Echo Boom is a 3rd party provider you can buy for 5.99 per month. You can access it via Xfinity right on your TV . it has a couple hundred ski movies including a huge selection of warren Miller movies, MSP and TGR movies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I just checked on Cox, and I can get it as well... and you can get a 7 day free trial. 354 Ski and Snowboard movies. I'm tempted, but not sure how much I'll actually use it. Might be worth it for a month or two when I'm sure I'll do some watching. Thanks for the head's up!

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I subscribed last winter for 3 months. I watch ski movies while working out so its worthwhile for me. Lot of times they are just playing in the background too.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Anyone with the Prime app on their phones/TVs can watch subscriber-grade EchoBoom.

I'm tempted, but not sure how much I'll actually use it. Might be worth it for a month or two when I'm sure I'll do some watching. Thanks for the head's up!

Or, you can, you know, subscribe to the EB channel on YouTube and watch their free material and find out.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Prime has a lot of ski movies on now......TGR and Warren Millers.....I was watching one of my WM favorites "Higher Ground" last night.....the first 2 "chapters" in AK and Aspen with the music/scenery/skiing being spot on...

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I've been watching a bunch of old 70's-80's Wm Movies. very interesting.... some good interesting, some bad. :).

Reactions: BC.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
LOL, exactly. thanks. I've always had a love/hate relationship with WM movies.
For me, I've gotten to the point where the slow-mo ski p#$n sections can sometimes be boring. Case in point - I watched Candide Thovex: Few Words on YouTube recently.

The parts/interviews about him growing up and the quick segments of his competitions or freeskiing in the resort were more engrossing to me (for the most part) than the aerial video of skiing huge lines from some peak. Not that I don't like those too, but they seem too long and too similar and too much slow motion.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
yeah, too much of the Alaskan lines in all movies. Personally, I like to see true pow-po$n segments of deep lines and face shots (Japan) I FF through urban skiing and park sessions too.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
the long-line alaskan thing has been a main-stay of all movies, MSP, TGR and so on. its done, over ad-nauseam.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
the long-line alaskan thing has been a main-stay of all movies, MSP, TGR and so on. its done, over ad-nauseam.

I have to say I still like shot-from below middle-distance freeskiing sequences; particularly where you can watch the knee action. The WM oeuvre has one in NZ and one in Peru that still trigger the fun factor 20 years later, no jumps required.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

The problem is that video never really can adequately give the viewer the feeling of being there. Even PoV doesn't fully give you the sense of the steepness and difficulty. So we all "get it" that it's a really crazy line that they're skiing... it's just not that interesting to watch over and over.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
just watched "Winterland" TGR's 2019 offering. have to say, I enjoyed it. still some big line stuff but overall some great powder skiing and some interesting lines.

Sponsor

Staff online