• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Elan Ripstick 88 Ski 2020 @ als.com for $274.99

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier

only 165 & 179 left.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

only 165 & 179 left.
I bought this same ski for less than Al’s price (which is still very good) and I really liked it, as long as I was in soft snow. When conditions are hardpack, in the refrozen spring mornings, they felt sketchy. I had brought them to ABasin last April and skied them the first day in those conditions….not confidence building at all. If the ski is used solely for soft snow, they are fun, light, and easy.

I ended up leaving mine with @Philpug and bought a pair of Skitalk’s Siderals. I did a little skiing with those in spring conditions, and they were just as fun, even though they are narrower.

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, just be aware that the 2020 version doesn’t quite have the backbone for harder snow conditions.

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Well if you want a 2022 Ripstick Black… they have the 96 in 188 for $400 and 106 in 180/188 for $420. That’s a stupid good deal and almost looks like a listing error. Shame they don’t have the 96 in my size.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well if you want a 2022 Ripstick Black… they have the 96 in 188 for $400 and 106 in 180/188 for $420. That’s a stupid good deal and almost looks like a listing error. Shame they don’t have the 96 in my size.

Al’s historically has had some stupid good deals on skis. So I don’t think it’s a listing error!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Something is off here. I strongly suspect that what they're actually selling is the 2020 model, and the images are wrong. Or maybe they're blems? Either that or it's some kind of scam. Flagship 2022 skis are not being closed out.

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Something is off here. I strongly suspect that what they're actually selling is the 2020 model, and the images are wrong. Or maybe they're blems? Either that or it's some kind of scam. Flagship 2022 skis are not being closed out.

Product description is for the 2022s. Dunno. I emailed. Waiting on a response. Will post if I hear.

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Got confirmation it was the 2022s. Prices for black are back up now.

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
In other words, they realized their goof when they got your email.

I dont think so. My email asked about the accuracy of the product description as a roundabout way to verify 2022 skis.

The sale was to celebrate x# of years in business. I’ve found those types of sales to typically be pretty short lived.

According to Wendy they have stupid deals. I hadn’t looked at them before but will keep them on the hit list.

Sponsor

Staff online