• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Electric edge tuners (Razor Tune, Rhombus, Swix/Toko): looking for advice

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
updates has been in other threads, not here I guess ,sorry!

Absolutly loving it, its a gamechanger for me, I can now crank out consistantly good tunes for new skis, and refresh of skis sharpend with it, is just a quick run over the edge, or 2.. or 3 if you really really havent been paying attention and skied a lot.

my GF is "picky" to say the least about her edges, and even she loves it!

helping out buddies, and buddies' kids that are racers etc, it just does great work

the key benefit is super stable, follows base, does not lif as easy as file/diamond, and!!! you can 100% tell by pattern if you have hit that spot and its even, or not

I just got 2 pairs of skis (sx and ti2) back from shop after base grind (had to take material off, base edge was to high, never able to sharpen)skied the SX, they felt funny, went over with the razor tune.. hah! 1 edge was 88.5 1 was 87.0. bothwere supposed to be 88

ran 1 pass on the 88.5 side and it was aalmost good, you could see where it was engaging or not, and 3 passes on other and that was good.

I usually just do the medium stone, I feel course and extra course doesnt make sense for me, if its that bad Igrab a sharp file and 85 edgetool to"reset" it

fine is also kinda a waste for freeskiiing, I do sometimes do it for our raceskis, but GF prefers the slight hanging edge the medium makes

would reccomend 10/10

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
1. I have to file by hand first to set the angle. Though for regular maintenance of edges, it works well.
2. A little cumbersome.
3. Manual is therapeutic and I have it down to be fairly quick.

Some day I will take the time to make point 2 disappear, but not now.
I tried my edger again and now I really know why I stopped using. It has an electrical issue. :)

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
First time using a Razor-Tune tonight. Pretty simple and quick to use. Should have bought one sooner.

Sponsor

Staff online