• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Enforcer 88 or Kendo 88

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
After my last post on opinions of different skis in this width, I am really interested in either the Kendo 88 or the Enforcer 88. I'm 6'1ish and around 225lbs. The question I've been asking myself is what type of skier am I or what type of skier do I want to be. I'm on the East Coast and I love the feeling of a strong ski on the groomer but I now find myself practicing more moguls and trees. I am loving the quick short turns. I also love to ski real steeps but I don't carve them as I don't trust myself and I build up too much speed for my liking. I do carve the intermediate trails. When on groomers I probably carve 60% of the time and the rest I am just having fun playing around. So from this information which ski do you think would work for me the best? I will demo if I get the chance, but if I find a good year end sale I might jump on it without the demo.

NESkier_26

Putting on skis
Skier
I demoed both of these skis at Sunday River during Super Bowl weekend in excellent conditions. I'm 5'10" and 185 lbs, so a bit smaller than you but an advanced skier who skis the entire mountain. They are both excellent skis, and have a fairly similar feel on groomers. I preferred the Brahma, but only slightly -- it was very good carving short radius turns on the steeps of White Heat, agile in medium sized bumps, and strong in the trees. I found the Kendo a bit more stable at arcing GS turns at high speed, but the Brahma wasn't far behind. The 3D radius of the Kendo takes a bit of time to get adjusted, but it makes the ski very maneuverable in tight spots. FWIW, I ended up buying the new Mantra M6, as I wanted a ski good in both the East and the West. But with that noted, for East Coast skiing I would be thrilled with either ski. Price would likely be a tie-breaker for me.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I am right close to your height and weight. PNW skier.
Can not speak to the Kendo but have probably 40 days on the Enforcer 88 in a 179. Love them. They will make about any kind of turn you ask it to and not punish you too badly if you are a little off. It is not an ice skate but carves pretty well. It likes a pleasant trip through the bumps. pretty quick edge to edge for an 88. Short to medium turns are where I am most comfortable and the skis do them well, easy to initiate a turn and the tails don't lock up at the end of the turn.
They are a ski that does everything well but nothing particularly great. Very comfortable ski.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
They have very different personalities.
Both are strong enough for your size. The Enforcer 88 is a playful ski that can carve. The Kendo has more of a carving side that can be playful.

TS
East Coast Scott

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
I demoed both of these skis at Sunday River during Super Bowl weekend in excellent conditions. I'm 5'10" and 185 lbs, so a bit smaller than you but an advanced skier who skis the entire mountain. They are both excellent skis, and have a fairly similar feel on groomers. I preferred the Brahma, but only slightly -- it was very good carving short radius turns on the steeps of White Heat, agile in medium sized bumps, and strong in the trees. I found the Kendo a bit more stable at arcing GS turns at high speed, but the Brahma wasn't far behind. The 3D radius of the Kendo takes a bit of time to get adjusted, but it makes the ski very maneuverable in tight spots. FWIW, I ended up buying the new Mantra M6, as I wanted a ski good in both the East and the West. But with that noted, for East Coast skiing I would be thrilled with either ski. Price would likely be a tie-breaker for me.
The Brahma was on my short list also, maybe I should still consider the Brahma. The only reason I took it off my short list was people were saying it is a very stiff ski. I don't mind that for the groomers but I want something for the bumps and trees also.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Mrph45

Booting up
Skier
I ended up buying the Kendo a week ago because the price was to good to pass up, but it was tough choice as I really liked the enforcer 88. The day I skied the kendo they performed great. It was a bluebird day in the whites (which has been rare for me there) with nice groomers in the morning and spring snow as the day went one. Thinking on it they did feel a bit more responsive on short turns than the enforcer but seemed a much louder ski when you got up to speed. I tried the enforcers on the exact opposite day hard groomed and icy in the single digits. They were solid, quick, and doing long turns with ease. I wish I had been able to get in a spring day on the enforcers but the only time I had to go it was mostly dirt and I wasn't paying a ticket and demo rental to dodge rocks on three trails. I don't really do bumps but I like glades and I would lean slightly towards the Kendo for that. I think you'd be happy with either.
I agonized over it so much that my wife is telling me to buy the enforcers so I'm debating maybe the enforcer 94 now :doh:.

TS
East Coast Scott

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
I ended up buying the Kendo a week ago because the price was to good to pass up, but it was tough choice as I really liked the enforcer 88. The day I skied the kendo they performed great. It was a bluebird day in the whites (which has been rare for me there) with nice groomers in the morning and spring snow as the day went one. Thinking on it they did feel a bit more responsive on short turns than the enforcer but seemed a much louder ski when you got up to speed. I tried the enforcers on the exact opposite day hard groomed and icy in the single digits. They were solid, quick, and doing long turns with ease. I wish I had been able to get in a spring day on the enforcers but the only time I had to go it was mostly dirt and I wasn't paying a ticket and demo rental to dodge rocks on three trails. I don't really do bumps but I like glades and I would lean slightly towards the Kendo for that. I think you'd be happy with either.
I agonized over it so much that my wife is telling me to buy the enforcers so I'm debating maybe the enforcer 94 now :doh:.
Yes, what you said seems to be the consensus, they are both a very good ski. I wish I would have demo'd them because I like buying skis in the off season saving a bunch of dollars, lol.

Mrph45

Booting up
Skier
Yes, what you said seems to be the consensus, they are both a very good ski. I wish I would have demo'd them because I like buying skis in the off season saving a bunch of dollars, lol.

Sport Thoma in NH has the enforcer 88 on clearance for 439$ (though if you add the bindings than I think ski essentials is better price. I had to get my kendo shipped from California to get best price in the size I wanted, most of the places around me didn't have any in stock.

Last edited:
TS
East Coast Scott

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, do you still believe the Brahma 88 is both these ski's combined? I keep going back and looking at the Brahma but then I read comments on how it is so stiff and just a carver. What is your opinion? Which year Brahma do you like the best? Thanks
I like different year Brahmas for different reasons but the current one is 65% Kendo and 25% Enforcer and 8% hopes and 2% dreams.

TS
East Coast Scott

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
I like different year Brahmas for different reasons but the current one is 65% Kendo and 25% Enforcer and 8% hopes and 2% dreams.
Phil, One more question. Do you think the 2020 Brahma 88 (Blackish/Grey) is a good all mountain ski? I like that it comes in the 180 size.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
I went back and forth between the Enforcer 88, Navigator 85, and Brahma 88. I settled on the Enforcer because it was $100 cheaper than the Brahma and one size smaller than the 185 Navigator the local shop had in stock. I absolutely love the enforcer. It has done absolutely everything I have asked of it and begged for more. I was worried about edge grip at speed since I'm a big guy at 5'`10" 270 but its never been an issue on any type of snow.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
@Philpug inquiring minds want to know.
How do the Navigator 85 and Enforcer 88 differ in their skiing characteristics? Are these 2 skis targeted at different groups?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug inquiring minds want to know.
How do the Navigator 85 and Enforcer 88 differ in their skiing characteristics? Are these 2 skis targeted at different groups?
Fron of the skis are similar, the tail of the Navigator is flatter and less taper. I personally preferred the Navigator but sales show the Enforcer 88 is a better ski. ;)

TS
East Coast Scott

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
Looks like they have a new Brahma out, Brahma 88SP. I wonder how this ski will be? Or has it been out and I'm just seeing it?

Reactions: BMC

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Looks like they have a new Brahma out, Brahma 88SP. I wonder how this ski will be? Or has it been out and I'm just seeing it?

The 2022 88SP Brahma is just a 2021 Brahma 88 with a more scratch resistant top sheet and tip protector and demo Marker bindings. It’s geared towards the rental market. The 2022 Brahma 88 is unchanged except for graphics over the updated 2021 model.
The 2022 Brahma 82 gets the True Blend wood core.

TS
East Coast Scott

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
The 2022 88SP Brahma is just a 2021 Brahma 88 with a more scratch resistant top sheet and tip protector and demo Marker bindings. It’s geared towards the rental market. The 2022 Brahma 88 is unchanged except for graphics over the updated 2021 model.
The 2022 Brahma 82 gets the True Blend wood core.
Thank you

Sponsor

Staff online