• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Enforcer 88 or Kendo 88

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
The 2022 88SP Brahma is just a 2021 Brahma 88 with a more scratch resistant top sheet and tip protector and demo Marker bindings. It’s geared towards the rental market. The 2022 Brahma 88 is unchanged except for graphics over the updated 2021 model.
The 2022 Brahma 82 gets the True Blend wood core.
Is there a reason manufacturers don‘t use this scratch resistant technology for retail skis? They just like skis scuffing up more quickly?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is there a reason manufacturers don‘t use this scratch resistant technology for retail skis? They just like skis scuffing up more quickly?
Looks. Some don't think it looks as "rich".

Reactions: BMC

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier

Your question reminds me of a joke I heard a comedian asking “If the black box is so indestructible, why don’t they make the whole plane out of it?”:roflmao:

As @Philpug said, it looks “cheaper” than the regular version and I bet with the thicker top sheet it’s even heavier than the regular version. The regular version is solid and well made but demo skis take A LOT of abuse sometimes. Here’s a pic of the demo version if you haven’t seen it-very plain.

317B54C5-29A7-432B-8BEC-3BB56C13EDE1.png

Reactions: BMC

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thought I’d take a pic of some of my skis and their shape as many are similar to those asked about in this thread including the Kendo 88 which I own.

The Enforcer 88 is the most tapered tips/tails and the most forward mount of the skis mentioned here so they would be the most off piste biased of the group and easiest to pivot and skid turns in tight spots. My Candide 1.0 on the far left in the pic would be the most similar to them. Most fun doing short turns and in bumps/trees but not as good HARD snow grip as the others. Best ski in soft snow or powder of the group.

Kendo 88 has less tip/tail taper so not quite as rounded as the Enforcer 88 which gives them a bit more hard snow bite. Long flat rocker so still easy to pivot when flat but long effective edge when you’re on it. The 3D radius gives this ski to ski easier at higher speeds but still do shorter turns when weighted underfoot. The choice if you like ripping GS turns at high speeds but still like bumps and off piste.

The Brahma 88 has even less taper, less rocker and more weight so it’s the most on piste biased of the 3. Not quite a wide carver or all mountain carver but closer than the 2 above. Still does well off piste and in bumps but a little less forgiving. The previous Brahma 88 had long flat rocker and was a bit lighter so a bit more similar to the Kendo 88

Deacon 84 beside the Kendo 88 has even less taper so more of a wide carver shape. More on piste biased but can still go in bumps and off piste in a pinch. Better hard snow grip than even the Brahma 88 but less forgiving in bumps and harder to skid turns. The Salomon XDR 88s, Elan Wingman and some of the Fisher Curve skis similar to this ski.

eTitan even flatter and less taper than the Deacon 84 so a bit more bite in a carve but a bit less friendly off piste again. Still more versatile than a traditional carver off firm groomers.

9E0097E7-4CC3-43F4-BB3D-05C80A560A23.jpeg
A62868C2-DBB6-4987-82A4-502CCF8C5564.jpeg

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
Your question reminds me of a joke I heard a comedian asking “If the black box is so indestructible, why don’t they make the whole plane out of it?”:roflmao:

As @Philpug said, it looks “cheaper” than the regular version and I bet with the thicker top sheet it’s even heavier than the regular version. The regular version is solid and well made but demo skis take A LOT of abuse sometimes. Here’s a pic of the demo version if you haven’t seen it-very plain.

View attachment 132221
Looks fine to me, but maybe my aesthetics aren’t rich enough!!

Weight seems a more relevant consideration to me, but by how much? For 100 or 200g I’d take the greater durability for a predominantly on piste ski

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Looks fine to me, but maybe my aesthetics aren’t rich enough!!

Weight seems a more relevant consideration to me, but by how much? For 100 or 200g I’d take the greater durability for a predominantly on piste ski

The factory top sheet is very durable already and as long as you make sure the tips/tails above the widest taper point on any ski, it will cut down on any top sheet chipping.

If you were going to have a heavier top sheet on any ski, I’d be putting them on a ski like the Head Kore that don’t even have top sheets and the extra weight would improve their performance.

TS
East Coast Scott

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
After watching all the reviews I could find, way more than once and reading reviews here, blister and many other places I purchased the Enforcer 88. I had the Kendo in my cart and almost bought those, so it was close. I figured the Enforcers would be a good compliment to my Volkl RTM 81 and my Head Kore 99's. I wanted something playful but still good on groomers. I'm sure I would have been happy with the Kendo's as I like the Volkl feel. I hope I also like the feel of the Enforcers. Thanks everyone for your opinions. Oh, and I ordered the Tyrolia Attack2 13's for them.

Sponsor

Staff online

• jimmy
    Mixmaster
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid