• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Enforcer 94/100 vs K2 MB 99Ti vs M6 Mantra

snoroqc

Getting on the lift
Skier
Tell us about your boots...

Mounted my M102's on the centerline. Tuned to 88/1 or 2 degess on the edge, 1 degree on the baes.

Wednesday at Killington is ski bum race day. Cost $250 to sign-up 5 friends and they give us the race course from 10-2 over a 10 week season. Race is filmed to be replayed at the after party. Normally I try to ski with some narrow under foot race type ski. Bragging rights are the prize.

Killington Ski Bum race course on Highline.
View attachment 192619
I had better time than my best friend with my fat skis. Best feeling ever.

Last edited:

Gibby

Booting up
Skier
Since you are in Colorado, I would highly recommend that you demo Meier skis. After demoing many skis last season, my wife is on the Meier QuickDraw, and I am on the Meier Wrangler.

TS
COSkier87

COSkier87

Putting on skis
Skier
Picked up some new boots: 2023 Head Edge Lyt 130 Ski Boots Anthracite 28.5
Step up from: 2023 K2 Mindbender 100 Ski Boots Gray/Blue 28.5

Should help provide better stiffness, drive, and security when being aggressive. They felt so solid and right at my shins where I want them.

Not sure what to do with my K2 boots, sell them or maybe keep them for backcountry touring. I felt how lightweight true touring boots are compared to the K2s and I have to say it sounds so worth getting full touring boots rather than keeping the K2s. Eitherway, excited to get out on the new skis and boots, I bet it's going to feel night and day.

Snowplow Skip

Booting up
Skier
Hi all!

I'm 5'11", 230lbs, fairly muscular and a little wide. This is my first season skiing and I have about 2-3 weeks logged so far at Winter Park, CO.

I've been learning on a pair of 170cm Dynastar M-Pro 99s, which were a blast when learning how to ski parallel, hockey stopping, making turns on steeper greens/shallow blues but it feels as if I quickly outgrew the skis. When I am on steep blues, I experience a lot of instability at speed, when turning at speed, when managing through chopped up snow, etc and am now looking for a ski that provides more stability and suits my style.

Not much of a bumps person. I do enjoy going into glades, enjoy going fast on groomed trails, and that's where my focus is right now. For this, I am interested in a couple options to elevate my skiing:

- Enforcer 94 @ 186cm
- Enforcer 100 @ 186cm
- K2 MB 99Ti @ 184cm (I've read the 2022 MB is a better charger than the 2023)
- M6 Mantra @ 184cm

Planning to demo some of these over the next few weekends to get a feel for them. I believe the Enforcer 100 would be the best fit for speed and stability through variable snow, and provide good floatation through glades. I have a pair of 2016 Soul 7s for my powder days.

If anyone has any input on these skis relative to my size (or other suggestions), I would really appreciate it. I hit a wall with my progression and it's really kind of killed my mood to go skiing, so I'm hoping to adopt a better platform to do what I now love.
The Mantra was on my short list, (Stockli Storm Riders, Fischer Ranger 99Ti, Armada Declivity Ti, Blizzard Bonafide 97 and Head Core 93) I ended up on the Enforcer 100's in a 186cm. I am a hard charging fall line skier and ski fast (40-50+ mph) and aggressive, prefer groomers to bumps. The Enforcers can take everything I toss at them. Speed, hard snow and I can cut through the bumps when I need to. Trying some demo skis is a great plan. The 94's may be more versatile; but I haven't skied them, so I don't know. The Enforcers seem fairly easy to ski to me; but I have a fairly decent skill set.

Snowplow Skip

Booting up
Skier
Hi all!

I'm 5'11", 230lbs, fairly muscular and a little wide. This is my first season skiing and I have about 2-3 weeks logged so far at Winter Park, CO.

I've been learning on a pair of 170cm Dynastar M-Pro 99s, which were a blast when learning how to ski parallel, hockey stopping, making turns on steeper greens/shallow blues but it feels as if I quickly outgrew the skis. When I am on steep blues, I experience a lot of instability at speed, when turning at speed, when managing through chopped up snow, etc and am now looking for a ski that provides more stability and suits my style.

Not much of a bumps person. I do enjoy going into glades, enjoy going fast on groomed trails, and that's where my focus is right now. For this, I am interested in a couple options to elevate my skiing:

- Enforcer 94 @ 186cm
- Enforcer 100 @ 186cm
- K2 MB 99Ti @ 184cm (I've read the 2022 MB is a better charger than the 2023)
- M6 Mantra @ 184cm

Planning to demo some of these over the next few weekends to get a feel for them. I believe the Enforcer 100 would be the best fit for speed and stability through variable snow, and provide good floatation through glades. I have a pair of 2016 Soul 7s for my powder days.

If anyone has any input on these skis relative to my size (or other suggestions), I would really appreciate it. I hit a wall with my progression and it's really kind of killed my mood to go skiing, so I'm hoping to adopt a better platform to do what I now love.
I should note that right now I am real high on the Bode Miller Peak skis. Want to demo a pair if I can in the 88 and 99. Probably will be my replacement for the Enforcer 100's at some future point.

TS
COSkier87

COSkier87

Putting on skis
Skier
Have 2 days so far on the 21-22 184cm M102s. They go fast, very fast and feel completely stable. And a bit heavier than I expected but definitely a great workout :) I've been practicing my fundamentals on them, and hoping to open it up this Friday!

Thanks again for the recommendations everyone! New boots made a huge difference for having better ski input as well.

Sponsor