• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

EPIC Pass promo code supposedly in email

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Vail sent another email today showing I had 5 days to renew my pass that apparently won't use the autorenew this year due to the pandemic aspects. So I was in the process of purchasing my 20/21 season Epic pass and was aware of the 20% credit from our April thread, but on the last page of the purchase window today, it asked for a Promo Code so investigated that information that related was sent such near May 13. Indeed I received that promo email however after carefully reviewing that noted although it had my account info including my 19/20 pass number and 20% discount confirmation, there was in fact no actual promo number or code or even a field for such. So have been trying to use the EPIC Vail phone number but keep receiving "were experiencing high volume of calls...call back later". Thus expect they sent out a lot of those May emails without any promo codes included or just added that later to the purchase process so many others are dealing with the same issue that is clogging up their phone line.

Additionally the epicmix dot com site supposedly has a "live chat" line however when selecting the field to go there it plays the usual annoying game of sending one back to the epicpass dot com site that has a field sending one back to epicmix. Yes the usual useless circular game telecom and service website programmers use to prevent actual contacting warm bodies as though no one will notice. If this is true about the missing promo codes then Vail ought at least provide obvious info on their site explaining that and what to do. Or maybe some bean counter is using that as a way to end up causing pass holders to not be able to use the discount?

Note, now their phone line robot is saying Vail will be sending emails on September 10 to pass holders with Promo Codes, however oddly I never received such an email though their other emails continue into my mailbox.

Last edited:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have my Epic Pass code, in an email dated 5/13/20. Looks something like this:

David Chaus
19/20 Pass:
Adult Epic Local Pass
19/20 Pass Number: Xxxxxxxxx
19/20 Pass Price: $699
Days Visited: 11
Credit Percentage: 20%
Credit Amount: $139.80
Promo Code: XXXXXXXXX

Note: I have not yet decided to renew my Epic pass for this season.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My letter from the spring said I had a credit of about $77. I had already purchased my pass for this coming season in March. They all said they were going to mail me or credit me the $77.. I got a couple of emails over the summer delaying this process. I also got the message about September 10th.. After two days of trying, I finally got through and then spent at least 20 minutes on hold waiting for a human. The human told me that I was not eligible to receive the $77 and was only eligible for about $28 because I purchased a less expensive pass than the previous one. Vail mentioned nothing about this in any emails or online. After presenting my case to this very burned out and unfriendly person, I finally gave up and just said send me the money which was credited back to my credit card. They'll did not live up to their printed letter that I had received in May. All in all a very poor way to run a business and create customer satisfaction.

TS
SSSdave

SSSdave

Skier
Interestingly my email on the same day doesn't have that field much less the code. I XXX'd out some of the info on this snipping tool capture.

Epic-email1.jpg

Posaune

sliding
Skier
My letter from the spring said I had a credit of about $77. I had already purchased my pass for this coming season in March.
I had the local, cheapest version of their pass for Stevens Pass only and I had purchased my pass for the coming season in March as well, but they credited the $77 to me just a short while ago. I don't understand how/why you were shorted.

TS
SSSdave

SSSdave

Skier
I just phoned my bank that confirmed Vail didn't auto renew my pass. Also bothered to stay on their phone line 15 minutes that was futile. Will use the snow dot com email to info@vailresorts dot com to inform them of the situation. I won't purchase for the higher amount without the discount. until they respond. My email to them will prove the ball is in their court of responsibility.

TS
SSSdave

SSSdave

Skier
I just received a new email from Vail:

-----------------------------
Hi David,

Thank you for your patience as we continue to prioritize the safety and well-being of our guests, employees and communities.

As we communicated with you in April and June, we delayed processing your Auto Renew payment in order to give you more time to make a decision given the uncertainty of COVID-19. With our recent announcement of our winter operating plan, including a pass holder reservation system for the season, we plan to delay the processing of your automatic pass renewal for the 2020/21 season until September 15, 2020.

Your pass will be renewed if you do not cancel your enrollment in the Auto Renew program by September 13, 2020.
-----------------------------

Also had minutes earlier sent an email detailing the situation. Thus expect something will occur during the following 3 days. Otherwise my email sent today covers my end.

TS
SSSdave

SSSdave

Skier
Doug, their snow dot com site actually states the robot is the only one now answering that customer service line. They probably have everyone available working on the the pass bottlenecks.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Doug, their snow dot com site actually states the robot is the only one now answering that customer service line. They probably have everyone available working on the the pass bottlenecks.

Thanks @SSSdave! I wish their phone system said that too. I will email them with my question.

TS
SSSdave

SSSdave

Skier
Someone at Vail seems to be quickly reading the [email protected] email that I sent. Thanks Vail!

So I will be good to go. They sent a new email that shows people are thinking through the obvious.

---------------------

REGARDING COMMUNICATIONS ABOUT YOUR EPIC PASS

Dear David,
Earlier today, Epic Pass sent you an email about renewing your pass. Please disregard this email. You are enrolled in our auto renew program. No action for your 2020/21 pass is required at this time. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
We are excited about this upcoming season and look forward to seeing you on the slopes!
The Epic Pass Team

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I think the correct email was in post #7 above. I got an error when I tried using the one in post #12. Maybe that is where they send from.

I'm not on auto-renew as I don't see any advantage to it. I'm trying to change version of pass I'm buying while keeping the 20% renewal discount.

Last edited:
TS
SSSdave

SSSdave

Skier
Yes tony, the e.vailresorts is what they had replied with on an email and not the one I sent to.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I tried calling on Tuesday 9/15 at 6:59 AM PDT (8:59 Central) and by the time I got through phone tree at 7:01 AM, I heard we're busy, call again later.
Today, Wednesday 9/16, I called at 6:58 PDT AM (8:58 Central) and got through at exactly 7:00 AM. I talked to CSR who said I should be OK and that she would enter note in my file that I called and had entered a case at https://www.epicpass.com/info/2019-2020-credit-exception-form before 9/17 deadline.

I had entered case on 9/9 because I was downgrading my pass. I was concerned because the only response I received was a pop-up that said "REQUEST SUBMITTED Please allow 6-8 weeks to process your request. You will receive an email from an agent to process your credit. Do not submit multiple requests for the same product. Thank you for your patience through this process." when I selected SUBMIT after entering my case. This afternoon, I received an email confirmation of my case so I think I should be able to get 20% renewal credit off downgraded pass, and may not have to pay for it for another 5-7 weeks.

Sponsor

Staff online